Jambands.ca

Mr. Slippery's Birthday Party: featuring Stephen Franke FRIDAY!

Jay Funk Dawg

:):):)

too funny.

ok' date=' now i only work till 5 on fri, and not at all sat!

is that better?

-----------supposed to be quoting mr slippery above--------------

best news I heard all day...in close second is the news of the pre-party development above.

In and In well LM be there early - be ready - kidding - I have to wait it out a bit to prevent premature drunkeness and to be able to win the dance/best woman win competition...bring it b*t*hes you're all going down :P[/quote']

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?????

jeez carrie, put the pipe down.

:P

pipe has been put away for the day and the vodka as well... :(

That was some fantastic show. It was great to see Vanderpark again, and Franke and the Noises, wow, whaddya say. Anybody know what that tune was that they did in first set that's also a Kevin Breit regular?

Signor Slippery, glad we caught you again at the end of the night before we split. I was wondering what the Family Circus dotted line of your night would've looked like by that time :P.

Whoa! It's 4:14 and I'm just getting up (as Lacey's getting home from work). LOL

Last night was a blast. Thank you Margaret for having all of the lovely skanks and not-so-skanks over. Sister, you made the coolest birthday cake I've ever seen. Wicked!!! It sure was fun tearing up the dance floor with you ladies (Margaret, Beth, Carrie, Julia, Deb & Heidi)...and the Daves too. ;)

Mister slippery was so adorable last night cuddling with his pet pineapple (oh, Brian). Hahaha! I hope you made it home safe Dave. It's always a pleasure to celebrate with you!!! Once again, [color:red]HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! ;)

Basher & Stoned Phillips, it was a great treat to finally meet you two. I had a blast hanging out with you and can't wait until Julia takes her stand-up routine on the road. :)

And thanks so much to the darling William for getting my Kaidy Mae the Gin Sponge home in one piece. :D

Stephen Franke & NFTTS, that was amazing! Thank you so much for coming to play for us. Please come back soon.

Great Vibe at the Party!

Thanks for everyone who showed up!! I think Mr.S ended up having a great time, which is a no-brainer, cause who wouldn't of had fun listening to those tunes. Thanks again Stephen Franke et Al. And OMG what an adorable baby! The lack of sleep really is adding a sublime element to Mr. Franke's repitoire.

And thanks to Large Marge for hosting a very fun, and loud, and 5am kinda after party! Good times all around.

Oh yeah, Vanderpark, how could I almost forget. I guess that's the curse of the opener, but what a great band. See you all in September for the GYPSY JAZZ SERIES (Sept 9th, Word People)... The Gypsy is closed for the next couple of weeks for some renovation, and I'm on My way out east for Evolve and back trough Toronto in a couple of blinks to CTMF! Stephen Franke overload!!! YEAHER.

peace.

~W

what a scene, indeed.

think i just found my brain, but its all kinds of busted.

thanks to all for putting up with my madly-intoxicated self. twas a lovely evening.

thank you so much, large marge, for your hosting of fabulous gatherings before and after, and for creating the greatest cake i have ever seen.

to all who were there, you are wonderful people (or pineapples, as the case may be :) ).

now, anybody happen to tape the show? i didnt actually see too much of it.

:blush:

Good times were had by all, I must assume.

Such good times that there was no way I could make it out Saturday night--I think I finally fell asleep around 10 am for a couple of hours on Saturday and that was it....:D

Thanks for having us over LM--not only was it good company, but there were delicious snacks made available and cute plastic measuring cups for those of us who were so inclined to measure our drinking water!

Kaidy--I'll send you my schedule for this week. I expect to see a trail of pee in my wake. Thanks.

Deb & Dave, always a pleasure (Thanks! You're nice!). Mr Slippery, the look on your face (and your pineapple's) certainly told the tale of a well-celebrated birthday--good on ya!

Quote of the night (regarding the forgetfulness that often accompanies lovers of the green):

flymykitehigh: No, it's really healthy! It's healthy because I forget when it's time to smoke. So I smoke less. Therefore, it's healthy!

Kaidy--I'll send you my schedule for this week. I expect to see a trail of pee in my wake. Thanks.
Consider it done! ;) Too bad you couldn't make it out on Saturday, but I understand your pain. After very little sleep and a huge, tasty calzone I was ready to just lounge and watch season 2 of Curb Your Enthusiasm. If it wasn't Lacey's first Plaskett show I may have just called it a day. :blush:
No, it's really healthy! It's healthy because I forget when it's time to smoke. So I smoke less. Therefore, it's healthy!

HILARIOUS! I think we fell victim to similar reason yesterday as well. ;) That kitchen chat with the ladies on Friday night sure got silly. Bethers, you should set an alarm.

Fun fun fun! Thanks for making a group effort to get me 2.5 inches off my chair. It was great to meet you Kaidy, I ove you $$ for the smokes.

Hope to see you all this Friday night!

Ahhh, the smoke run. LOL That was too damn funny. Thanks for the cab ride Slippery. *blush*

Basher, you heading to the Grove on Friday? I guess I should make a post about that soon.