Jambands.ca

God Bless Tapers

Booche

Seriously.

We have all said this a bunch of times but tonight I am flabergasted. Jaimoe sent me an archive link to The Soundtrack Of Our Lives show we caught back in March, and I totally forgot I had it on my hard drive. Well, here I was making cd's and clearing up space (obviously to download more.)

I remember being at the show and thinking "Well Booche, you wont ever be hearing this one again" and sure enough, I am getting my chance to re-live our night. Jaimoe, POG and Cowboy, this one is going to come your ways if you dont already have it. Thanks for the good times that night.

BradM, Weirdness, Blane, Esau, Tungsten, DaveO and HeadyGouda (and the others I am completely forgetting) thank you all for your hard work. It is far more appreciated than you probably know. These days, it almost seems so expected even though it aint at all.

Seriously.

BradM, Weirdness, Blane, Esau, Tungsten, DaveO and HeadyGouda (and the others I am completely forgetting) thank you all for your hard work. It is far more appreciated than you probably know. These days, it almost seems so expected even though it aint at all.

because of taper folk, the archive is full of good music accessible at the click of a button. contrast this to the dark days of analog where tapes were a magical mysterious thing, and you were thrilled to have the hissy bassy 5th generation dub of the show you saw :)

Cheers to the real tapers thats for sure.I wouldn't consider myself one,as I have only done a few shows & only one probally gets listened to (JMATS)...well,going by all the complaints I recieved about my others (Fat Cats & TWC).I prefer to stick to the converting of analog tapes to CDR or to archive now-a-days...if I didnt record it, I don't get the shit for the quality...that much. 00000001.gif

Again,I'll cheers to the real tapers.

Thanks for the thanks guys!

Must say though, it's not a selfless task. I love taping shows as much for myself as for sharing it with others.

A quick story from 2 days ago about why i like taping: I was jamming with some people here in Montreal and on the ride home with this guy I'd met for the first time I asked him if he went to the recent Wilco Montreal show (he was playing wilco on his car stereo). He said no, but he'd downloaded this great recording of the show from the internet. I told him I was the one who had recorded it and he was so thankful. It's fun to make those connections.

Anyhow, no plans to stop. Stay tuned for more.