Jambands.ca

When people are ignorant/rude do you....

Sunshine

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

consider that those people see the world like an Albertan, a barren landscape of cowboys, oil and guns where every man woman and child is on their own.

As a kind and considerate Albertan, I take offense to this inconsiderate generalization. :(

As much as I hate to admit it (being and Albertan and all), I find this statement all too true. Don't take offense to that CM, you live here and surely realize the egocentric crap one has to put up with in this city.

This might answer your original question, as to how I handle stuff like this:

One of my pet peeves is people that stand and chat in inappropriate places - like right outside the exit of Massey Hall when 2,000 people are trying to leave. At a sold out Cake show I let my frustration get the better of me and pushed through a guy doing just that and said "great place to stand!". Moments later I was informed by a laughing Stoned Phillips that I had just shoved Canadian Idol Ryan Malcom! In retrospect I wish I shoved a little harder.

Nicely done Basher!!!

You sir are my new hero!!!!

Sunshine...do you mean a Turnstile?

turnstile-unit99.jpg

Sunshine, I'm just loving your use of "bud" as a verb--you don't get a lot of that (unless you're an elementary school teacher, "to bud (in line)" is very strongly a part of their vernacular)!

hehehehhe

(((bud)))

He was budding! He budded in front of me!

I wish I was five again.

Julia, what the hell is the proper term for 'budding' in line?

ISTR one columnist who told a story about being in line at a grocery store, and the lady in line had a small child who was behaving terribly: shouting, screaming, carrying on, making everybody else's lives miserable.

The columnist asked the woman if she could calm her kid down a bit. She refused: "No, I don't believe in controlling him that way," she said.

The columnist took a container of orange juice from his cart, opened it, and dumped it over the kid's head.

"Neither do I," he said.

Aloha,

Brad

Is it "budding" in line' date=' or "[i']butting" in line? I always used to use the latter, but I think it somehow got corrupted into the former.

Aloha,

Brad

oh boy.......now i'm confused. Did I just make a fool of myself for the second time today? :blush:

I don't think so, because I've heard both, but always considered "butting" to be more correct.

Aloha,

Brad

Good ole Kingston boy Ryan Malcom could have kicked Basher's ass. Seriously. Vegans are wimps.

Andre' date='

Have you ever had to pick your teeth up off the ground with broken fingers?

I can't wait to see you next.[/quote']

That actually did happen to booche once after an ex-girlfriend kicked him in the ass then punched him in the mouth :P