Jambands.ca

Famous Relatives

MamaPink

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My great uncle helped design the Canadian flag if that counts - he's in some books, not others.

If you live in Orleans there is a Beddoe Lane named after them - but thats probably more because their property was there.

my grandfather toured with the queen - that's not really famous, just interesting. He was the treasurer and they called him "moneybags"

Edited by Guest

My cousin is the father of Xuxa's baby. Apparently she's the most famous woman in south america. Actually, that part of the family is all pretty famous down in Brazil, they get written about in tabloids and stuff all the time. Remember that episode of the Simpsons when they went to Brazil? And Bart is watching the kids' show with strippers? Well, that's Xuxa.

d0013_simpsons_xuxa.JPG

Oh, and Eugene Levy is related to me somehow. Cousin's cousin through marriage or sumpin like that.

Years ago I used to watch her show before going to work. It really perked me up :)

My Pappap (Grandad, Grandpa) was part of a team that helped break the story of the PTLs misuse of funds. Jim and Tammy Fay Baker were pocketing cash from telethons that should have went to bolster the catholic faith with building of churches or buying another virgin Mary statue. The paper won the Pulitzer Prize for their efforts.

My Dad brought the band the 2 of us played in to Woodstock 99 emerging artist stage and we also were 2nd place in the Mix '99 songwriting contest. www.alicemusic.com is what's left of it...not an entertaining website whatsoever anymore.

The band broke up shortly after these successes. :crazy:

My Great Grandpa was an Argo before they were the Argos. His name's on the Grey Cup.

During the 70's and early 80's our uncle had the top-rated english radio program in Montreal ("McKenty Live") on CJAD. My dad's cousin, Red Kelly played for the Leafs and Red Wings, and my brother Bob once held the record for the most uneaten lunches left abandoned in a high school locker. To this day, it's the last fact that stands out most for my brothers and I.

well, for those of you that don't know, which is pretty much all of you---I am adopted, I have never met a member of my biological family--however, I did receive non-identifying information on them---with greater detail on my mother...she was an Italian immigrant, hippie that was a lead singer in a popular music band...

very curious indeed, dos! maybe with that new adoption records law they're passing you can find out more information one day, should you so desire. :)

as for me, famous relatives, hmmmmm..... well, my stepsister's husband's sister's husband is a right wing in the nhl. todd harvey -- formerly of the san josé sharks, recently traded to the edmonton oilers. go team! that's the only one that comes to mind... so i must obviously be of a very extensive line of famous people. haha