Jambands.ca

Habs vs Ottawa Predictions

badams

Guest Low Roller

the cheap shot that I'm refering to is the swing that Chara took at Ivanans when the refs were already trying to break it up. Ivanans will be back.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

Well I don't know. As I've thoroughly documented previously I have no access to NHL television therefore I didn't see the fight itself or subsequent replays.

From experience when two players fall to the ground the refs rush in to restrain them. In this case Ivanans and Chara fell, the refs jumped in, and as they were getting up, restrained by refs, Chara swung his ape-like arm around the ref and planted Ivanans with a sweet-looking hook.

To me that's cheap.

It was not close, it was not a cheap late punch by Chara. Watch it again. Ivanans didn't land a single punch while Chara landed a solid 3 or 4.

Montreal's agressive penalty killing was incredible to watch. But in the end, they couldn't put enough pucks past Ottawa's back-up goalie.

Guest Low Roller

I watched it again. Chara's hit was late, but it continued from the momentum of the fight itself. It's like a boxer throwing a punch at the bell. TSN called it "a little something extra".

Emery is going to need all the ice-time he can get if he's expected to replace Hasek once the latter tears his groin.

Thank you Blane.

Comparing the 4 broadcasts I watched last night (RDS, TSN, Fox Sports MidWest and OLN, see other thread ) RDS was far and above the best coverage, even being in French. The Joe Bowen + Harry Neale combo doing Leafs games is perhaps the worst broadcast team going. They don't have a clue who's on the opposition and seem to be under the impression that the Leafs are playing well.

• 2 weeks later...

Ottawa will probably win again, but I hope not. Isn't Spezza out for a game with a bad ankle?? I thought I saw that on Sportscentre last night. He really does sound like a dink on TV, he was like "Ya, I hurt my ankle, I dunno, it feels funny".

....well, I looked around, before I posted, and I can't see anyone saying that he's not playing tonight, so I guess I heard it wrong. Go Habs Go.

Habs 12 Sens -2

afterward, in the sens dressing room- with alfredsson looking on in wonder and excitement- Youppie shagging spartacat like a rabid foaming wild dog

Think they might show that on RDS???

(I have learned not to be surprised by all the eccentricites of weird French culture)