Jambands.ca

Slowcoaster @ the Pepper Jack TONIGHT!

kookycanooky

Wasn't recorded,I had a DAT recorder on monday but returned it completely forgeting about this show until Kooky posted.I still haven't gotten my laptop repaired yet & the chick who spilt the wine on it seems to feel she doesn't owe me anything so until I can afford to fix it..I'm out of the recording game.

Great show (no surprise though) the Sloco boys lit er up good.

Not sure on a complete setlist,best of my knowledge we did get:

Give me three reasons

Holding down the fort

Ten birds

Venezuela

Brakes Don't Work

Night Life

Boiling Hot Leather (I think)

Turn out was thin,but unfortunatley in steeltown wednesdays are never a good night for turnout.

That show was intense!! only took me 'till 4pm to get my head working again.

First set was good, Lots of new material (to the best of my knowledge) - but after a short 'dooobie break' the band came on full force...started with Euro Trash, then i can't really remember what came after...

The songs they play to end thier shows are always interesting...they're pretty wasted by then, Crazy drum solos and strange bass playing. the bass player doesn't stay on the same note for more than a second. he's all over the place!!

What a tease about a second PJC show tonight...I wish i had the option to hit up guelph tonight...

I think it's time to recruit.

Sneak the "jam bands" into "indie" shows and vice versa....people would benefit from having their musical palette's expanded. Tough work...not a dream....need bands that blur the lines and get moving in the recruitment of different listeners.

Deeps

Edited by Guest

I think it's time to recruit.

Sneak the "jam bands" into "indie" shows and vice versa....people would benefit from having their musical palette's expanded. Tough work...not a dream....need bands that blur the lines and get moving in the recruitment of different listeners.

Deeps

Deeps that's bang on, and if you've noticed is the angle I took with the GTB show last week, and the Mr.Something Something show next week. Ssssh, don't tell anyone our secret ;)

Edited by Guest

Too bad the "indie rockers" didn't stick it out for GTB as they should've. If they had they would've caught a performance with music that bordered on heavy-melodic pop-rock akin to bands like HUM, SWERVEDRIVER and CHORE.

One of the reasons I like booking music, is to bill shows where differing crowds can co-exist.

PS: ELLIOTT BROOD returns in December to Casbah.

there was a breadcrumbs in the second set last night as well...i can't remember if it was before or after night life...i think before.

yeah last nights show could have been billed as indie.

to be fair...there was a lot more people there than i expected...and one heck of a lot of taco. and they all looked like indie chicks.

shain - i met your friend alison...she's cool. thanks for billing my house as a "farm type deal". she'll definitely be out now that i assured her it won't be a bunch of sketchy wookies partying it up on the farm (little does she know) hahaha!