Jambands.ca

Kathleen Edwards / Joel Plaskett tonight in Ottawa

AD

He's a crooner / charmer / nancyboy now compared to what he used to be.

AD..i won't disagree with you there.

Joel's new music is no Thrush Hermit, that's for sure.

But personally I love his new direction. I think he's maturing and writing some good songs these days.

AD, don't know that that will happen in the near future. In fact, Joel may be playing more with his father than his band these days (not that fathers can't rock ;) hehehe) but it sounds like the Plasketts are more into folk than rock at the moment.

Yeah I know it won't happen, just wishful thinking. Plus they'd have to lure Benvie back from the Dears, which is a pretty lucrative gig. McGettigan is a bum, he's not doing much these days.

AD

well after all my complaining, i'm going early to check out joel, again. the person i'm going with really wants to see him so i'll be there. he's still better than most of the crap around, just i don't think he's measuring up to his own high standards from 5-10 years ago

ad

McGettigan is a bum, he's not doing much these days.

he was here in TO rockin' out with The Emergency a little while ago.

and I believe they were just over in Britain playing some gigs

As well, during October the band was in Scarborough recording 3 new songs, with Gordie Johnson (Big Sugar, Black Crowes) producing, for inclusion on an upcoming DVD (Feb.'06). Word is that The Emergency will schedule a spring tour.