Jambands.ca

Brothers Past last night...

Basher

Bang! What a great night. Rolled in at 1:00PM today after a night of serious fun. The Brothers Past boys are super good peeps, and they had the ElMo swaying hard last night.

I have no absorbed the whole story about the Ottawa fiasco, and I hope you all hear me when I say that these guys love our country and wanted to play for you SO BAD, but it just couldn't happen.

Anywho, expect to see them at Come Together May 24, as soon as they get in touch with the right people. And if they come anywhere near you (and there was talk of Hamilton, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, et al. last night), go hang with these boys and show them, once again, what our fine country has to offer.

Thanks to Margaret and Carrie for the awesome pre-, during-, and post-party, and to the BP boys for allowing us to sully the Mariott and Yonge and Bloor. We got started at 3:30pm yesterday, and it couldn't have been a better plan.

See y'all at Franti > Soulive next weekend!

:)

some thoughts:

i can't say i had an incredible time or anything but:

this is a jamband that isn't attempting to do grateful dead, happy go lucky, psycedelic noodling. it isn't trying to do complex phish inspired quirkeyness either. i respect that they are bringing somthing very new, and very now to the table. infact, its so new that it didn't really gel with me at first. most bands that i end up really respecting and enjoying don't gel with me at first.

happy all of you had a blast last night.. They were totally chilled guys and i can't wait to get them back here. Basher i want to here all about the details of the late night debachery that i am sure went down..... See yall right back there next week for my boy Reggie Watts and his friends SOULIVEEEEEEE! And Franti, BOOOYA

Awsome night. BP definately threw down and caught me after a few years of being on the fence.

I want to thank Large Marge and Ms. livingstoned for all their pre, during, and post show hospitality. I had a great time meeting ya'll: Cowboy, Basher, PoG (passed out in passenger seat on ride home), and anyone else I may be missing. Good times, fun night, hoping for many more. See you all soon.

Peace,

Ian

;);):):):)

A big thanks to all the boardites who came out to the Brothers Past show that we opened.

Nice to see..Basher, Large Marge, Livingstoned and many others representing! Mad Respect...

Also if you want to see a extended Chameleon Project show (we opened this one early). We will be headlining a show at the Gypsy Co-Op w/ Lazlo Holyfield (Buffalo) on Friday Dec.2nd (the Firday before Phil in BFLO). Proper annoucement to follow.

yes I had a really hard time keeping up with you guys :) now that we share a roof LM you'll have to help me improve my 17 hours straight party skills. By the time I hit my bed I couldn't even see. Still a little foggy actually. Lesson learned - crazy night to follow when it begins at 3PM.

Cheers to everyone above who came out to the house pre/post show...

arriving at the Marriot with a bag of beer 4:44am to make the "as long as you're here before 5am it's cool" deadline was too funny.

arriving at the Marriot with a bag of beer 4:44am to make the "as long as you're here before 5am it's cool" deadline was too funny.

ya, that was beautiful

By the time I hit my bed I couldn't even see. Still a little foggy actually. Lesson learned

oh man...exactly the way i felt and still feel!

what happened after we left the hotel room?

some how i ended up on a streetcar heading east (which is a good thing), but what I can't figure out is...i was west of Bathurst when i realized where i was and what direction i was headed.

The hotel was like at Bloor & Yonge wasn't it?

can anyone fill in the gap?

I really enjoyed the Brother's Past, The Chameleon Project and the whole vibe. Rick and TC enjoyed it as well, although Higgins was unimpressed. Higgins is a hater anyways and only really likes classical.

See you at the next event, I'll be the one with the manly chest and imtimating tan! :o