Jambands.ca

bored out of my skull (a.k.a. rant)

aromatherapy

So I finally get a full time job and it's something I don't think I can stand for long. I'm on a switchboard for a number of offices belonging to a large accounting firm downtown Toronto. I sit with four other ladies in a tiny room with no windows, answer phones and direct calls (when I can hear the caller's request over the cackling of the other switchboard operators). I have no further work to keep me busy and I do nothing but surf the web all day. I haven't even received any training besides what I was told in my first five minutes or so here - I have no idea about anything in the inner workings of the company and it sometimes makes it difficult to direct calls.

I'm about to go squirrelly and it's only my second week on the job. Any suggestions? (Thanks for listening!)

You could do some volunteer work/research. I can hook you in to any number of environmental groups here in Toronto and given that you're a cyclist, the timing couldn't be better for writing letters and such. The Bike Plan budget is up at the Committee level tomorrow and the more folks that take teh time to write or depute in support, the better. Check out BikeToronto for details.

You could also write a letter to the Gypsy to find out what the fuck their dealio is.

Or you could pick up some freelance work on the side.

Any suggestions? (Thanks for listening!)

Get used to it.

hahahaha... but ya, dont give up that easily!!!

You can gamble online!

You can email love notes to your favorite celebrities!

You can write a 'Make your own adventure novel'!

You can gather information on your co-workers and use it to make them crazy!

You can do leg lifts and mini- crunches.

You can find ways to sleep.

thats all i can offer.....

do stuff to your coworkers.. make yourself laugh. today i had everyone else in the office go up to one particular coworker and ask him if every thing was alright and how he was hangin' in there. he was soooooooo puzzled and i was literally in tears laughing my ass off..

time has to pass one way or another.