Jambands.ca

Question Of The Day: Bon Jovi

MarcO

How can Bon Jovi possibly be playing 4 SHOWS at the Air Canada Centre? They have 6 shows in the New York area and multiple sold-out nights in Montrel, Boston, Philly and Detroit, as well as a Stadium tour of Europe coming next year!!

Did I miss something??? :o

My question is: Why haven't I got tickets for this yet?

Say what you will about their hook-laden brand of pop/rock and their many fashion don'ts of the 80s: Bon Jovi rocks.

New Jersey is a great friggin' album.

And Livin' on a Prayer is a ragin' anthem!

Now where did I leave my "holy goblet of rock"...?

this woman i work alongside told me how she and her husband went to a BJ concert; i asked her what her husband thought of it and she said that he thought that it was great and that BJ himself "looked really cool"

no mention at all of the music- fair play though, i'd imagine they played their songs exactly like they're played on the radio...

Guest Low Roller

New Jersey is a great album. I listened to it with headphones on the other day and I was shocked to hear banjos and mandolines hidden in the background... I shit you not!

The only reason they are relegated to the background is because the 80's synth organ had to take a prominent role in the sound. It's the same synth that Brent made famous with the Grateful Dead.

I actually went to see Bon Jovi last time they came through Ottawa, on one of my "see every significant band at least once" kicks. I went in with zero expectations and had a good enough time. All I can really remember is that it was packed with older women. Oh yeah, and every song somehow looked like I was watching a video. It was a tight production.

i couldn't believe it either. i bug the secretary at work about liking him and going to the first night show. it will be her third show. she's a bonjovihead. she really only knows his post-200 work too which is strange i guess. well not really she's an old bag and thinks he's cute and is going to the show to get drunk and scream.

one a side note, one of those shows may be a no-boozer. i think NIN will be. the ACC got in trouble so 4 shows are dry. that may have already been posted but i didn 't read which of course is why i'm reiterating it now. ping.