Jambands.ca

Legion of Mary Appreciation Thread

secondtube

lom75.jpg

I dont know how i haven't gotten into these guys before....maybe i'm just stupid.

anyways, i'm absolutely loving the few shows i've downloaded lately....especially this one:

Legion of Mary 04-19-75

Oriental Theater, Milwaukee WI

disc I:

1. Tough Mama (8:49)

2. It's No Use (11:18)

3. I Feel Like Dynamite (10:36)

4. (cut) You Can Leave Your Hat On (3:11)

5. Every Word You Say (9:29)

6. That's What Love Will Make You Do (11:55)

7. Wicked Messenger (14:15)

disc II:

1. Harder They Come (19:16)

source: SBD (MSR>1R>P>D>ZA/2>SHN)

I'd just like to say there is nothing better than Garcia with horns.

I could listen to this stuff forever.

Edited by Guest

The first LoM shows I got were back when... I don't recall. Maybe ScottieKing or NorthernWish hooked me up, I'm not sure, but I still listen to them to this day. I forget who's playing bass in the shows I have (Tutt perhaps?) but it's pretty hard not to move to it. And Merl is always great.

AD

well fuck, how can i turn down an offer like that?!??!?!

thanks greg.

No problem, you've passed along many sweet discs my way, be my pleasure. I imagine Fat cats at Casbah is a good shot at crossin' paths next? (forget the date).

I noticed I have 04/09/75 sitting here also, might have to check the quality of this cassette, might be worth the transfer time.

[edit to add]

Just checked etree & see both early & late shows from 04/09/75 have been seeded, ne need for me to do a transfer.

Edited by Guest

AD, its probably John Kahn on bass. Ron Tutt was the drummer for the most part, I believe.

yeah well dude, that's just like, your opinion, man.

thanks for the clarification. most likely is a bass player playing bass, and not a drummer.

ad

Edited by Guest
i'm slow eh

well that is the problem with SBDs, I find. They're mixed for the venue that night, not for playback later.

Part of the reason I prefer GD audience recordings to the SBDs is because the drums are often mixed loud and flat on the SBDs, whereas the AUDs give them some dimension.

i'm in that boat.

i mean, i've heard of LoM, but hadn't actually sat down and checked em out....

glad i did.

i seem to remember tossing a LoM show into a cdplayer at cometogether this summer, when we were camping with paul and nick frm JO, and i swear i dont think it even left the damn player until i packed it up and went home

they rock, no doot aboot it