Jambands.ca

My new baby will be arriving soon!

Basher

it's so smart of Honda to offer the cars that people have gained confidence in with hybrid power plants.

I can't wait until Toyota does the same. I wanted to get a Prius but the Matrix was better suited for what I needed. Now if the Matrix had a hybrid power plant? I'd be all over that mofo!

all that to say.. I'm jealous

Well, the sticker price is $25,800. Add $1,200 for freight, license and PDI. Add 15% tax to all that ($4,050) and you have a total price on the road of around $31k. Now, the Ontario government cust you a cheque for $1,000 for buying a hybrid. The buyback on a 4 year lease is about $13,150. I will be putting $4,000 down, and the lease rate is 6.9%.

So, all in my monthly payments will be $300, which is EXACTLY what I am paying now towards my '99 Civic.

not to inject a cynical note innto the proceedings, but i'm just waiting to hear about the first non-warranty repair bills. the electronics in my chezzy sunfire were like $120 for a little wee potted control module. i'm afraid to imagine what some of the electronics in an hybrid cost.

on the plus side, they are japanese made, and they tend to make pretty solid cars.

the other minor downer thing i heard about hybrids was from a fireman who has seen all manner of electrical hell when rescuing people from crashed hybrids.

here's hoping that you will never ever find out about that aspect of hybrids. hope you have many years of safe low environmental impact motoring!!

• 2 weeks later...