Jambands.ca

Snow...

Del

yeah i was thinking about going to the sportsman show near the end of their run in toronto and looking for a sale, 200 bones is alot of dough to me, and if i can find a dela, i will. thanks for the heads up though, their new store is right by my place so ill definitly check it out

I don't particularly like the snow but I do like certin things about the winter. For instance:

The way that cold air burns your lungs when you first step outside.

Rosey cheeks.

Hats, mittens, scarves and warm winter jackets.

Being able to use the grey bananna (sled) and crazy carpets to go down super big hills off jumps and try not to crash into trees and walls. Very exciting!!

The way the ice and snow make our small world look so clean and new.

Jack frost painting the windows.

The way dogs have to jump threw the snow and end up looking like over sized rabbits...

And last but not least my birthday and christmas!!

I may actually not hate it so much this year. I went out and bought a killer parka and I'm going to spend decent money on boots and also get long john's and really good socks.

I haven't had proper winter wear in many many many year...actually, I've never had a jacket filled with down and rated for -30 degree temps.

BRING IT ON!!!

You're engaged now so you can dress the way you want!

Anyone who truly hates snow needs to buy a snowboard and then re-think the whole matter.

I would have scoffed at this had it not happened to me.

The other day I was walking through the cold and really liking it. I can't remember if I've ever liked winter, but for some reason (and I'm sure it's not just the snowboarding) I'm really looking forward to it this year.

And if someone told me I would be saying that I woulda laughed in their face.

I do love the winter sports though. thinkin of getting a board and taking up snowboarding, i've been a skier all my life but have been pining for the ramps and halfpipes that boarding has to offer. skiing = boring to me now.

i am a skiier.. i have tried snowboarding and i am fairly competent..

however i have no wish to take it up full time..

i go everywhere snoboarders go with the exception of the half pipe.. the Kickers and table top jumps are UBER FUN.. FAvorite maneuver is the IRON CROSS..

the only reason i dont go into the half pipe is to avoid all the headaches the boarders give me.

VIVA THE TWO PLANKERS...

I may actually not hate it so much this year. I went out and bought a killer parka and I'm going to spend decent money on boots and also get long john's and really good socks.

I haven't had proper winter wear in many many many year...actually, I've never had a jacket filled with down and rated for -30 degree temps.

BRING IT ON!!!

i made that decision about two years ago.. and i am so happy i did, escpecially since i travel by transit.. waiting for a bus in a hoody/coat is not fun.. and it seems to make the wait seem longer..

the boots are KEY.. i will never take the cheap route on winter footwear again..

WHAT EVER YOU DO TAKE CARE OF YOUR SHOES...

oo maybe i should try that...then maybe i can get my other ankle made into a bionic one, and have a matching set....mmmm broken ankle #2

I qualify my comment above. If you buy a snowboard, begin on beginner runs. Also, don't snowboard if you already have a broken limb.

That should solve the problem.

i hate the dry air and static that accompanies cold winters. my hair is soooo fine and soooo straight that it literally stands on end. pulling off a toque is a hair-care disaster for me. and my skin.. don't get me started on the skin...

bah to winter. you're bringin' me down!

anyone skilled in the art of snowboarding and living in the KW area want to give some lessons?

I anticipate going to the hill at Milton (sorry the name escapes me) or Chicopee here in Kitchener.

Lessons will be paid for with lots of laughs (i bet i fall 10,000,000 times) and lots of heady goodness (to ease the pain)

Also if any of ya have a used board they want to part with let me know.