Jambands.ca

Whats Everyone Want for Christmas?

Freeker

An end to the spending consumerist orgy that is christmas. An end to the futile need to invest meaning in life through material possesions.

Christmas should be for kids and kids only (the presents and Santa). But we're all to blame for it having got this far. I give money to charity in my families names instead of gifts. I encourage other to do so also.

An end to the spending consumerist orgy that is christmas. An end to the futile need to invest meaning in life through material possesions.

i want an end to all of this nonsense above!

i plan on spending and spending and spending this Christmas! WHY? Because I love to give gifts! I love watching my little baby cousins open up their presents on Christmas day! I love tucking them in to their beds, reciting the night before Christmas and watching their starry eyes look out the window for Santa. This is the tradition that I grew up with and it's getting lost through the rantings of fanatical Christians and anti-corporate hounds.

i don't try to govern your values, so don't try to govern mine.

fair enough, and spend like its the greatest thing since sliced bread, But read what I wrote about it being for kids. I grew up with it too and I whole heartedly support christmas for kids. But I think adults take it too far....

and you're SO right that the christmas tradition is "getting lost" by us anti-corporate hounds. I mean, I'm SO tired of thes anti-corporate anti-Christmas ads being shoved down my throat 24/7. Its like I can't turn on the TV without another consumer rights activist telling what to buy and what not to buy!!! Sheesh just let me spend my money on things.

Edited by Guest

fair enough, and spend like its the greatest thing since sliced bread, But read what I wrote about it being for kids. I grew up with it too and I whole heartedly support christmas for kids. But I think adults take it too far....

and you're SO right that the christmas tradition is "getting lost" by us anti-corporate hounds. I mean, I'm SO tired of thes anti-corporate anti-Christmas ads being shoved down my throat 24/7. Its like I can't turn on the TV without another consumer rights activist telling what to buy and what not to buy!!! Sheesh just let me spend my money on things.

exactly how i feel. anti-corporatism is almost as bad as corporatism these days.

i want cash for christmas.. i'm planning some serious trips in the spring - vancouver/calgary/thailand that will require some serious dough!

my dad is requesting that all of us donate to world vision in his name for christmas, which i think is very noble.