Jambands.ca

Willie Nelson + NGDB in Ottawa! 2006-04-28

bradm

Bump.

Tickets for the Ottawa show go on sale today, Friday, Dec. 2, at noon.

Aloha,

Brad

I got 4 seats in the lower bowl, just slightly off centre.

My first attempt at the floor didn't give me good seats, by the time I made a second attempt the floor had sold out! Wow! Guess everyone got the good seats in the pre-sale.

This one just might sellout!

How come some of you got such good tickets? I wanted floor too! Ah well...I figure most seats are good there...small venue.

I bought tickets for my parents also. My dad is a big Willie Nelson fan. He's had a tape of Willie in his car pretty much since I can remember...back to the days of our 1973 orange VW van. I grew up listening to him. It'll be funny to be at a show and know that my parents are there too. They're very straight though, so the smell of pot might make them high.

My Dad was a big fan of Willie and I grew up listening to his music, along with Waylon Jennings, Don Williams, etc. My Dad died in March, 2002, and when I saw Willie (with moe. and The Dead) at Vernon Downs in June, 2003, and he did "I'll Fly Away" and "Will The Circle Be Unbroken" (not to mention "Good Hearted Woman In Love With A Good Timing Man", which somehow I associate with my Mom and Dad), well, I just about broke down. I plan on enjoying this show to the fullest extent I can, come hullaballo or salty tears.

Aloha,

Brad

I probably need to be in Toronto in May anyway, and there's another show I want to see there a week after Willie.

But... I have been a bit remiss visiting Ottawa (having been there twice in about a decade, and only once overnight) so maybe I'll try to organize the trip to start in Ottawa. I'll keep the option in mind; promise.

My Dad was a big fan of Willie and I grew up listening to his music, along with Waylon Jennings, Don Williams, etc. My Dad died in March, 2002, and when I saw Willie (with moe. and The Dead) at Vernon Downs in June, 2003, and he did "I'll Fly Away" and "Will The Circle Be Unbroken" (not to mention "Good Hearted Woman In Love With A Good Timing Man", which somehow I associate with my Mom and Dad), well, I just about broke down. I plan on enjoying this show to the fullest extent I can, come hullaballo or salty tears.

Aloha,

Brad

Oh yeah...I think about that sometimes...how when my parents die, there's some music I just won't be able to listen to anymore as it'll break my heart. Willie Nelson, John Denver, Kris Kristofferson, Johnny Cash, and many French folk tunes. That's how moving music is. It reminds us of people, places and defining moments in our lives.

That's how moving music is. It reminds us of people, places and defining moments in our lives.

This is a bit of a reverse Willie story.

We have a son who is a huge Willie Nelson fan. He's also a musician who spends a lot of his life on the road. I can remember when his mother and I first went to see him play (with some concern about the life he had chosen). It was in a bar in Kingston and at one point in the night he said "I'd like to dedicate this one to my parents" and launched into Willie's "Everywhere I Go." Well, you talk about a couple of basket cases.

I'll take you with me everywhere I go,

I'll put you in my pocket, who will know?

Right next to my heart at every show

I'll take you with me evrywhere I go.

I told him if he was gonna play rock 'n' roll, he'd better get over that wimpy shit hehehe....

Just kidding. Loved it.