Jambands.ca

Fav 3 phish songs that you have seen live

ge-off

right yeah, so I'll go with the proper "rules" and say that the ASIOTOS > Piper > Jibboo was probably the most amazing 3-song sequence I saw them do. It had been a while since I listened to Phish but just the other week I put that sequence on and was amazed. I am so glad I went to those shows!

Come to papa. I'm going to put that one tonight. As you said, its been a while. Remember when we made the 'sweet' love that night MarcO?

MarcOandBooche.jpg

it wasn't three songs, but I must say, in terms of raising a set to another level, I cannot explain to those who weren;t there what an early 1st set "Weekapaug Groove > Piper" did for us in Cincinnati 2003. People, including myself, were losing their minds when that went down!

Second set was incredible too!

i also attended that show.. 02.22.2003

Set I: The Sloth, Dogs Stole Things, Piper> Weekapaug Groove, Dirt, Scent of a Mule, Walls of the Cave, Mist, Sample in a Jar

Set II: Tube, Bathtub Gin 1, Friday, David Bowie, Bug

Encore: Suzy Greenberg

1 with "Dear Prudence" jam

A much under-appreciated (and over-shadowed by the next night) show, 1998-12-28:

Set II: Carini^ > Wolfman's Brother#, Birds of a Feather

^With glowstick war.

#With long ambient jam, during which three people in green accordian worm/caterpillar suits appeared from the back of the stage and crawled around slowly onstage for the rest of the set.

I know that this is 4 songs, but....

10-25-95 St. Paul Civic Center, St. Paul, MN

Mike's Song-> Breathe*-> Sparkle-> Weekapaug Groove,

*Pink Floyd cover, from the "Dark Side of the Moon" album (first time played); only a jam (no vocals).

Here is the whole setlist:

1 Ya Mar, Sample in a Jar, The Divided Sky, The Wedge, Scent of a Mule, Free, Strange Design, My Long Journey Home, I'm Blue I'm Lonesome, Chalk Dust Torture

2 Reba, Life on Mars?, Cars Trucks Buses, Mike's Song-> Breathe*-> Sparkle-> Weekapaug Groove, Suzy Greenberg-> Crossroads

E: Fire

This was my first show, fully fueled...what a night!!!

Edited by Guest

I seem to remember this being pretty solid (although I was near death by this point)

07/17/99 Oswego County Airport, Volney, NY

Wolfman's Brother> Sneaking Sally Through the Alley> Wolfman's Brother> Timber,

Include the DWD and the YEM (not to mention Son Seales) that was a fairly solid set.

I concur that was killer and I was at that show.

I also vote for:

Crossroads @Alpine Valley Summer 1997

Burnin' Down the House @ Venon Downs NY,Summer1998

Camel Walk w/Ken Kesey & the Pranksters @Darien Lake

After Midnight & After Midnight (Reprise)@ Big Cyruss 1999.

Fuck I wish they hadn't broken up. :(

12/07/97 Ervin J. Nutter Center, Dayton, OH

Set I: AC/DC Bag> Psycho Killer> Jesus Just Left Chicago, My Mind's Got a Mind of its Own, It's Ice> Swept Away> Steep> It's Ice, Theme from the Bottom, Tube, Tube Jam1> Slave to the Traffic Light

I went to that with CyberHippie and damn if it wasn't one of the most fun shows I've seen. I may have seen some better ones, but this was one of the most stright-up fun nights I've had with Phish.

the tube -> jam is awesome..

i have a recording of it.. and if you turn it way up at the end of tube.. you hear the boys laughing about how much fun that was and wanting to pick it up back in the jam..

you hear trye count it out and BAM back into some serious funk..

i am jealous sir..

i salut you..