Jambands.ca

Keller Williams JAN 20, LEES PALACE

Marky

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You planning on hitting up this show B?

"One time I was with Brasky in the back of a pickup truck, along with a live deer. Brasky goes up to the deer and says, 'I'm Bill Brasky! SAY IT!' Then he manipulates the deer's lips in such a way as to make it say, 'Billbrasky' ... It wasn't exactly like it, but it was pretty good for a deer!'"

I contacted Madison House this morning, asking if a show could be booked for Ottawa (I suggested The Rainbow), and just got a response saying the Toronto show will be his only Canadian stop for this tour. They're hoping to make it back up this way in the fall.

Aloha,

Brad

yepperz...which is why i was curious as to what was on the Sight DVD.

Keller is fun to watch live....i dont listen to him at home as much....but one of my fav's to see perform.

hopefully the power will go out in the theatre, which forces him to play acoustic.

hey marky, any chance of, ummm, cutting the power to the stage?

Well it official Madison won't book another Canadian Keller date no matter how much bootlicking or ass kissing I do. Oh well one will have to do.

Here is some new Keller news

Keller & The Keels Release GRASS

Keller Williams' self released album GRASS is a delightfully bizarre collection of anything-but-traditional bluegrass songs. Like most recordings from Keller, GRASS is self indulgent and possibly offensive to those who lack a sense of humor, but Keller had a damn good time recording it.

For the project Keller teamed up with old buddy and award-winning flat picker Larry Keel on guitar, and Larry's beautiful rock-solid in-the-pocket acoustic bass playing wife, Jenny Keel. The result is an organic and airy acoustic record featuring 10 songs, originals and unexpected cover tunes, that yield to a pure love of music. GRASS makes it better.

Well it official Madison won't book another Canadian Keller date no matter how much bootlicking or ass kissing I do.

Madison Ticket:

Hello?

Trev: Listen brah, come on up to Ottawa after Toronto.

Madison Tickets:

Pardon? Who is this?

Trev: It's Trevor! I love Keller. Heck, I use one of his songs as my screen name but I dont remember which one right now. So, listen. He should play here. I know that everybody would go.

Madison Tickets:

I am sorry, but our tour is booked. Maybe next time?

Trevor:

Well, maybe he can play an after-party at 'That Place'. Tell him I will hook him up. Looks like I got a line on some Oxy. Get him here after the Toronto show. Actually, can I get a ride back with ya?

Edited by Guest
big baby

I saw Keller & the Keels at Bonnaroo and it was amazing & I'm sure that the Grass album will be a treat also.

The Sight DVD is amazing also. I was gonna get my copy signed at Bonnaroo (cuz I figured everyone would be at the Widespread headlining stage) but the line-up to meet Keller was huge.

Keller in Toronto is a bonus for those of us with difficulties crossing the boarder and a full 2 set show is much appreciated.

Well it official Madison won't book another Canadian Keller date no matter how much bootlicking or ass kissing I do.

Madison Ticket:

Hello?

Trev: Listen brah' date=' come on up to Ottawa after Toronto.

Madison Tickets:

Pardon? Who is this?

Trev: It's Trevor! I love Keller. Heck, I use one of his songs as my screen name but I dont remember which one right now. So, listen. He should play here. I know that everybody would go.

Madison Tickets:

I am sorry, but our tour is booked. Maybe next time?

Trevor:

Well, maybe he can play an after-party at 'That Place'. Tell him I will hook him up. Looks like I got a line on some Oxy. Get him here after the Toronto show. Actually, can I get a ride back with ya?[/quote']

Fuck you pal I'm a little more business like than that. here is the email.

"Hello Christine

I was just writing to let you know how appreciative we are up here in Canada seeing Keller's recent announcement of a Toronto show. Much obliged.

What I was wonder is since Keller will be on this side of the border anyway and Ottawa is smack dab between Toronto and Keller's next stop in Albany. Would it be at all possible to add an extra show to the schedule? I know planning for a tour is a massive undertaking, but we here in Ottawa have a large support base and we could easily book a venue, organize a free hotel suite and promote the show heavily ourselves. And with Keller's amazing performance here at Bluesfest this summer(although tragically cut short due to rain), we can guarantee a solid attendance at the show, all we need it the go ahead. I will completely understand if this is an impossible request. Thank you once again for the Toronto show and please free to contact me in the future for any other Madison House shows in Canada, I'd be glad to help. "