Jambands.ca

Early Alzheimer's

StoneMtn

So I just came home for lunch, and I see that my fiancee has been cleaning up and there's a ticket stub sitting on my desk from a Bruce Cockburn show at the Vogue Theatre in Vancouver from Feb 10, 2000.

I have no recollection whatsoever of that show. I'm starting to wonder how many shows I've seen that I'd never remember.

Losin' it in my old age!

No. Somehow my balls got in front of my rod, my sack bust open and now one ball is in the filter and the other is lodged mid-way down the hose between a clump of pubic hair and the marmot I sucked out of my ass. And they're both still attached. I've been scootin' around Hamilton for the last 2 months on a shop-vac.

No. Somehow my balls got in front of my rod, my sack bust open and now one ball is in the filter and the other is lodged mid-way down the hose between a clump of pubic hair and the marmot I sucked out of my ass. And they're both still attached. I've been scootin' around Hamilton for the last 2 months on a shop-vac.

oh dear god....please let my alzheimers rid me of that image!

Have you tried the reverse setting on the shop-vac so that it blows instead of sucks? If you can run it off a step-up transformer, or plug it into the 220V source that usually feeds a drier, so much the better.

Aloha,

Brad

Actually I'm kind of enjoying it. Reminds of wrapping elastics around my scrote and burning it with cigarettes.

I just saw in the Globe the other day that there had been a study suggesting that binge drinkers were five times more likely to develop Alzheimer's than the general population. And here I thought binge drinkers actually were the general population.

:P you a funny boy!

but seriously, Alzheimers is still on the rise and newest theories (heard tonight on CBC's Ideas) link it to dietary deficiencies of some essential minerals (copper and zinc, IIRC) and accumulation of heavy metals in soils where you grew up as a kid, which gets into your system through diet, presumably. Same connections are being made with MS and other neuro-degenerative diseases. I'm obviously over-simplifying and may indeed be recalling things inaccurately, so please do not take the above hearsay and conjecture as grounds to change anything about your lifestyle. (There, I've covered my ass!)

Edited by Guest

but seriously, Alzheimers is still on the rise and newest theories (heard tonight on CBC's Ideas) link it to ... heavy metal ... where you grew up as a kid ... and other neuro-degenerative diseases.

I knew those Motorhead / Alice / Slayer shows in my youth would come back to haunt me. :(

but seriously, Alzheimers is still on the rise and newest theories (heard tonight on CBC's Ideas) link it to dietary deficiencies of some essential minerals (copper and zinc, IIRC) and accumulation of heavy metals in soils where you grew up as a kid, which gets into your system through diet, presumably. Same connections are being made with MS and other neuro-degenerative diseases. I'm obviously over-simplifying and may indeed be recalling things inaccurately, so please do not take the above hearsay and conjecture as grounds to change anything about your lifestyle. (There, I've covered my ass!)

I recall reading somehwere that because the symptoms of Alzheimer's Disease and Creutzfeldt-Jakob's Disease are so similar to each other, it's possible that there are many people out there (past and present) diagnosed with Alzheimer's who actually have CJD. Which would signify that we have had mad cow issues before the recent incidents.

Moooo! Moo-moo-moo! Mooooooooooooo!

For some reason, I am reminded of the slaughterhouse that I had to tour a couple of months ago.

What constitutes binge drinking? What kind of break do you need between 'binges' to differentiate one's self from a raging drunk?

Either way, I've been blessed with C.R.A.F.T. since the age of 10. I am constantly shocked with what little I can remember of my life. I doubt booze helps but I can't blow it all off on self-abuse.

I've actually lost entire weeks - while sober. Its a sad state of affairs.

What constitutes binge drinking? What kind of break do you need between 'binges' to differentiate one's self from a raging drunk?

Either way, I've been blessed with C.R.A.F.T. since the age of 10. I am constantly shocked with what little I can remember of my life. I doubt booze helps but I can't blow it all off on self-abuse.

I've actually lost entire weeks - while sober. Its a sad state of affairs.

Binge drinking is generally defined as drinking with the sole purpose of getting drunk. Count me in.

As far as the memory thing goes, I can remember my childhood quite vividly but I'll be fucked by a duck if I can remember what I ate for breakfast.

My burps taste like beef shwarma but that was days ago. I think.