Jambands.ca

Trey joins Crowes for NYE @ MSG

TimmyB

I wish I was going to this just for the Black Crowes, now even though Trey Anastasio hasn't impressed me too much lately, to see Trey at Madison Square Gardens for New Years Eve is a great addition to the bill to replace My Morning Jacket.

Tim

From www.billboard.com

Billboard Bits: Anastasio

December 15, 2005, 3:40 PM ET

Trey Anastasio has joined the bill for the Black Crowes' New Year's Eve show at New York's Madison Square Garden, replacing My Morning Jacket, which has been forced to back out while frontman Jim James recovers from health complications related to pneumonia. MMJ has also postponed a European tour that was to begin Jan. 18 in Birmingham, England.

As previously reported, North Mississippi Allstars will open the show, and will be followed by a 90-minute set from Anastasio and his band. The Crowes will play last.

-- Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

The Crowes message board is/was all a twitter' about the possibility of a "special guest" performing with the Crowes, none other than Mr. Jimmy Page. Now, this is Crowes fans rumour, but considering their past associations not entirely implausible.

My brother is going, and I would have joined him had it not been for that pesky thing called money.