Jambands.ca

QOTD: 1/18/06

Hartamophone

Alright, so I'm not sure if I'm legally allowed to be asking QsOTD, but this is one I've been pondering lately:

Songs you would put an asterisk beside.

Personal preferences being what they are, we all have a song or two by the bands we love that make us cringe, or that we fast-forward and say "No, wait, that's not really what they sound like," when we're playing the band for other people. So here it is: what song/songs by your favourite performer/performers would you put an asterisk beside?

For me:

Jimmy Swift Band - Sun on the Horizon (a noticable sore on epidermis of the "Onward Through the Fog" album)

Grateful Dead - Space (I have a really hard time trying to explain this to people)

What else?

Phish - Suzy Greenberg

At Deer Creek in 2003, we (myself, Bald Guy In A Blanket, and Mr. Musicface) were talking at set break on the first night, and the subject of what songs we didn't like came up. I said that I didn't like SG.

Guess what they opened the second set with? Yup, "Suzy Greenberg". As Mr. Musicface commented to me, "You should have seen your face, dude!" It was a karmic burn of epic proportions.

Aloha,

Brad

One of my favourite Phish memories is of Suzie Greenberg. At least one other person on this board knows exactly the moment I'm talking about.

I haven't really thought about this question at all, but i really dislike Leroy Brown by Queen...

AD

Phish - Suzy Greenberg

This is my favourite Phish song. Is it generally considered bad? Have I unknowingly been grooving to the equivalent of Day Job?

No, in fact, I know a lot of people who like it, a lot. It's just not one of my favourite Phish songs.

Aloha,

Brad

Heres a very small list of countless Dylan songs I would asterick.

Up To Me

One Too Many Mornings

A Hard Rain Is Gonna Fall

Every Grain Of Sand

Girl of the North Country

Blind Willie McTell

He Was a Friend of Mine

Masters of War

When I Paint My Masterpiece

The front man/vocalist was a smokin' dynamo. Where is he now?

and..

The guitar playa was the real smokin' dynamo. Where is he now?

You're talking about the same guy, right? (Not the first lead-guitarist who went off to fame and fortune out West; although coincidentally the front-man you're talking about also went west, later.)

I heard the front-man sold his soul to the devil and went into some lame-ass profession. That guy was an ugly loser anyway.