Jambands.ca

confirmed: the slip, montreal, March 2nd

Blane

I think The Slip fit into the jamband mould,

mostly becase they cannot fit into one genre, that is in my opinion what a jamband is, they are straddle a couple of genres...

The Slip cover folk, funk, jazz, latin, indie-rock, jazz-rock-fusion, old-tyme music, avante-garde and more... that and they're ever changing set list and penchant for improvisation these guys are , but not limited to being called 'jamband'

my problem is that i came back to work after the weekend off to a barrage of day-off and vacation requests... first come first serve, and i gotta play by the rules i set... a few of them fall into the category of "fucking over my slip plans!"

}:|:o :laugh: ;) :cool: :thumbup: !!!

Hmmm. Almost perfect, yet lousy timing for me too. I'm going to be in Ottawa March 1 - 5, but I don't think I can swing Thursday night in Mtl.

ever changing set list and penchant for improvisation

Not in 2005, let's hope for 2006.

the slip added the Even Rats from the upcoming studio album onto their myspace - previously, they just had the version from the Sirius radio set in late '04... check it out, i hear it's been causing quite a buzz since it's release as part of the Guitar Hero video game.

i dont have speakers here at work, but im looking forward to hearing how it sounds.

maybe low roller can give a listen and tell me how much it sucks first, though? :)