Jambands.ca

Unidentified Psycho in Toronto - Recognize him?

StoneMtn

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently not long after it happened, someone posted the guys phone number, address, place of work everything, it was obviously pulled pretty quickly. And I'm sure the police know who the guys is but no charges were laid, they told my friend Leah that if she charged the guy with assault, she would be charged with mischief because her bike key scratched his car (I haven't talked to her to confirm, as said in her statement in one of the links that I provided, that it was an accident). She is actually pretty freaked out by all the attention it has been getting because it has literally been everywhere on the net, that citynoise website had almost 100,000 hits in the days following. She has changed her helmet and courier bag because she is afraid that a motorist will see it's her and try something, couldn't have happened to a nicer person unfortunately.

I can understand her frusteration...tottally...I'm a smokey the bear & co.kid through and through.

While I wouldn't expect the reaction she recieved...I wonder just how she expected the person to react after throwing trash(yes his own)into his car?

Probably not the best way to address the issue.

In my experiance aggression brings more aggression and so on and so on...

Though I guess on a positive she did bring the issue of littering and provoking aggression into the spotlight for people to consider. I do see his act provoked her too btw.

I'm glad shes okay.

I hope dude seeks help.

A dick yes, but being so godamn self-righteous as to throw the trash back in his car merits a response. Sorry we can't all be as earth/city/universe freindly, but I don't force my beliefs on others. Good for the guy for standing up for himself, however, I DO NOT encourage or condone the violent reaction he took. But she got we she deserved, being a dick was his choice, being a dick was her choice.

I don't like littering as much as the next person, but I draw the line at enforcing my dislike by throwing trash back at the litterers. I don't smoke cigarettes, but if you did and I saw you throw your still lit butt on the ground, would you mind if I threw it back at you? You might take offense, but why? you're littering, but on a much smaller scale. Does the size of the trash somehow then matter?

I don't litter, and I find it reprehensible. As I said, that guy was being a DICK for throwing it out on the street in the first place. Maybe she could have taken a different approach. If she was angry about his actions and did it because of her indignation, he's entitled to get angry about her actions. Again, he was the dick to start with, but I don't think he was angry or pissed about littering. She was.

Edited by Guest

As I stated J., I DO NOT encourage or condone the violent reaction he took. Guy or girl, violence should be left on the ice (where it belongs). All I'm trying to say is that she took a very self-righteous position against someone who did nothing to her personally other than offend her sensibilities. That dude didn't know her from any of the other people he offended by being a littering dick. But she decided it was her job to let the dude know he did something wrong. We have laws against littering, she is not the person to enforce them, especialy the way she did.

Hey, Mr. Deranger,

Violence should be left on the ice? so it's okay there? that kind of glorification of violence is was propagates this kind of behaviour in the rest of society.

Everything about this is fucked up. I don't know who's right or wrong, and i'm not even against hockey persay, but you set yourself up for that one pretty good.

It is NEVER a good idea to be a tough guy to a fellow driver. If someone cuts you off, do not prompt them to kill you by speeding up next to them and giving them the finger. Same goes for burger tossing.

Who knows what that person has gone through that day or is just normally like. Maybe the cutter-offer (or burger tosser) is just looking for a reason to kill someone so they go into traffic waiting to be provoked so they can kill.

If someone makes you mad in traffic, it's most often a better idea to say to yourself, hmph fuckin psycho, he's probably going to home to a life he totally hates because he has no friends because he's a fuckin dick! I'll just leave him to it.

Maybe make a quick phone call to the cops so they can deal with it. Three calls about one particular idiot might just make the cops go after the guy. He'd get pulled over, they'd find the crack pipe.. bam, his afternoon is ruined!

Bottom line, avoid personal confrontation. I think the girl on her bike should have maybe, if she was so angry about food on the street, threw a rock at his tail light (expensive to get fixed) and then turned around and started biking the other way! he'd never be able to catch her. I'm sure he'd understand why he's paying for a new light (burger on road) and he'd probably be so angry that he'd kick his own car and dent it and hurt his foot too. She'd be teaching him a lesson and avoid getting roughed up.

It's not a bad idea to be a wimp on the road. Maybe a horn blast to let them know that you know that they're a maniac, but avoiding eye contact is a good idea and not being a vigilante macho man or woman is wise too.

yep, got a little time on my hands today...

:D

Maybe make a quick phone call to the cops so they can deal with it. Three calls about one particular idiot might just make the cops go after the guy. He'd get pulled over, they'd find the crack pipe.. bam, his afternoon is ruined!

:D

the crack help me relax on my drive home from work... and now you ruined my life...thanks asshole. I'm gonna hunt you down and .......

Edited by Guest