Jambands.ca

Elections!

bouche

Ok...if you can perform moderator duties in this forum nominate yourself, or get nominated. I'll create a poll for everyone to vote in. I figure it's a great way to exploit the poll system by doing this ;)

so far nominated:

Alexis

AD

Disclaimer: jambands.ca reserves the right to exclude Lazlo in order to protect the rights of kittens.

Edited by Guest

In that spirit, I respectfully nominate Dr. Evil Mouse.

No way- er, I mean, I'd kill for this ;).

Last thing I need added to my jambands addiction is a formal compulsion to be on all the time :).

Bouche, how about something for this in the Polls thread? Right now I'm torn between d-rawk, AD, and further nominating Ollie and MarcO.

Alternately, we could set up a kind of tetrarchy, a la late Roman Empire, and see if that works out any better ;).

And what did I get nominated for exactly?

Moderator of the politics forum ...

d_rawk as a nominee perhaps?

No, I don't think so. I quite sincerely have a problem with abandoning things once I feel an obligation towards them (*things*, not *people* ... I don't wanna set off any alarms). Witness the blog, for example. As soon as there was a critical mass of dedicated readers, I couldn't even bring myself to load up the page.

Certain things are 'escape', and jambands is definately one of them. The politics forum might become anathema to me as soon as I felt that I needed to babysit it.

I'm not actually convinced that we need a moderator though. I mean, I understand that it is unfair to Bouche to expect him to be spread too thin, but I imagine we can self regulate pretty well. In the odd circumstance where something gets *really* out of hand, should it happen, it would be rare enough that the "Report Post" button should be sufficient, I think.

That said, if we do in fact need a moderator, Alexis so far is the only individual who seems interested. I have no problem with her having the job. Nor would I have any issue with Ollie or Marco. There are a lot of good people on the board ... it is one of its (many?) blessings. The tetrarchy isn't a bad idea at all either - that I wouldn't mind being a part of.

*shrug* The idea of an election on the board is kinda fun, but I'm still just not convinced that a specific forum moderator is really required.

I'm not interested in being a moderator either and I also agree that we can probably moderate ourselves. Thanks for the support but I moderate over on another message board and I've become quite the despot. Me and absolute power don't mix. ;)

And d_rawk, what you wrote about obligation goes for me as well. It's so true.

If I'm in the lead, then I'm with Thorgnor to de-differentiate this forum back to the Cavern!

seconded. i keep forgetting that this is here :P

i kind of like the idea of a politics forum that's self-governed...

OLD WOMAN

Ooooh! I didn't know we had a king. I thought we were

an autonomous collective ...

DENNIS

You're fooling yourself. We're living in a dictatorship,

A self-perpetuating autocracy in which the working classes ...

OLD WOMAN

There you are, bringing class into it again ...

python>

I vote for self governing until things get out of line.

I think it'll do this forum good to get a couple of months behind it... it'd be nice to see things in Cavern turn over a little less so that show announcements, and music related funness can get a big part of the spotlight, and the heated debates about things not inhearently jammy or bandy can still continue. But whateves... it don't really matter to me THAT much.

i knew my publicly pro con stance this past election would come back to bite me in the ass. :P

i'm all for self governing too (i am a libertarian). but i'm sure if someone with enough "resources" twisted my arm enough i could go all bushy colin powell on your waiting to be invaded asses. oh wait...we're not talking about cully here.

i seriously think we can all govern ourselves appropriately, i mean hey, god let's us make our own choices....but every once in awhile....he does come in and flood this plizace out.