Jambands.ca

giant cat

mattm

actually, it raises the question....

begging the question is a whole other ball of wax.

sorry to nit-pick, but you're quite resilient CJ!

oh...you know I love to be edumacated, so thank you very much for taking the time. You also appear to have made StoneMtn's day! And I also love learning new words, even if I choose to deliberately misunderstand them:

Begging the Question is a fallacy in which the premises include the claim that the conclusion is true or (directly or indirectly) assume that the conclusion is true.

This sort of "reasoning" is [color:blue]fallacious because simply assuming that the conclusion is true (directly or indirectly) in the premises does not constitute evidence for that conclusion. Obviously, simply assuming a claim is true does not serve as evidence for that claim.

[color:blue]hee hee hee....fellacious!

note to DEM: hurry home, hon!!! :blush:

That long-haired cat only weights 24 lbs? My own cat has been within 6 lbs of that weight.

I guess the woman in the picture is quite small, and snopes.com does note that the cat is stretched out with really puffy fur giving the impression it's larger than it is.

I certainly don't find it hard to believe someone has a 24 lb cat. I just wouldn't believe one is twice that size, as I assumed from seeing the picture originally. (Also, as I said, I was advised by a vet that such a huge cat could be bred, but it would be in great pain its whole life, if it didn't die from being too big for its skeleton, so people had better not be trying to create such animals on purpose!)