Jambands.ca

Jaydawg back from Costa Rica

Jay Funk Dawg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok Heres a little update...

Still In Santa Theresa, getting pretty settled into Costa Rican life, wake up early to surf, eat a huge meal, take a nap, get up go swimming, check out the coral reefs, lunch at a local restaurant, or picnic on the beach.. then maybe swimming again, read a book, watch the sunset, drink some beers, crash.. then repeat.

here s some more photos

malpais086.jpg

malpais034.jpg

malpais121.jpg

Amaizing waterfalls today... We´re going to hitch hike back to Santa Theresa, after spending 3 great days in Montezuma... We´re near the end of our trip.. I wish I could retire right now and stay here... There still so much to see...

I´ve been also helping my brother with his documentary on Costa Rica.. he´s doing a surf, extreme sports and travel pilot, I´ve had a couple candid moments.. here´s a shot:

malpais155.jpg

I think Jaydawg is one handlebar moustache away from turning into Jimmy Buffett.

buffett.jpgmalpais034.jpg

And that would be a bad thing???

No not at all. In fact i'd love it and I will here and now volenteer my services as guitarist/slide guitarist in a Buffett inspired band.

We'll all wear mesh shoes and sip [color:blue]boat drinks while wastin' away to [color:blue]magarittaville until [color:blue]a pirate looks at forty [color:blue]somewhere over China. Don't worry you can hear it on the [color:blue]coconut telegraph.

Serriously though I'm down. Jaydawg grow that 'stache, ill bring the reef.

sail on salor! :):)

Edited by Guest

He's got the chin hair happenin though. So you could say he's more of a modern day Jimmy Buffet. The thing he's really missing is the parrots flying about the guitar. As if the music itself has the power to call out "Margaritta, Margaritta, fly over here you crazy birds and we'll dance and sing together."

No not at all. In fact i'd love it and I will here and now volenteer my services as guitarist/slide guitarist in a Buffett inspired band.

We'll all wear mesh shoes and sip [color:blue]boat drinks while wastin' away to [color:blue]magarittaville until [color:blue]a pirate looks at forty [color:blue]somewhere over China. Don't worry you can hear it on the [color:blue]coconut telegraph.

Serriously though I'm down. Jaydawg grow that 'stache, ill bring the reef.

sail on salor! :):)

Ahhh, another [color:blue]barefoot child who enjoys a bowl of [color:blue]barometer soup every now and then while he's [color:blue]Havana Daydreamin'...

Yep, Jimmy's 'stache ain't cheesy, unless it's dusting off a [color:blue]cheeseburger in paradise ;)

If anyone's startin' up a Buffett cover band, I'M IN!!!! And not a problem getting a paying gig once a month!!!

...we now return you to your regularily scheduled post...sorry 'bout the hijackin'...

I'm back!!

PICT0585.jpg

Here are some of the best shots from my trip. In two weeks I was totally mesmerized my Costa Rica and their way of life.. "PURA VIDA" they say, it mean a pure life or in other words it means 'The Good Life,' and that was what was had!

Oh man! What a trip!

PICT0603.jpg

Hip Hotel Restaurant on the beach in Montezuma, that via a Northern Cali Friend "Yaan" we parties and ate like Kings!

PICT0607.jpg

Watch out for the waves!

PICT0409.jpg

Ziplining through the jungle in Montezuma

PICT0094.jpg

Beach view from my Campsite in St. Teresa

PICT0128.jpg

The 'hood in St. Teresa

PICT0182.jpg

Sand Castle Competetion in Mazanillio

PICT0194.jpg

PICT0228.jpg

Crashing out at the CHAI CUNA Cafe

PICT0231.jpg

SUNSETS

PICT0243.jpg

PICT0240.jpg

PICT0256.jpg

PICT0327.jpg

GLOWSTICKS AT NIGHT

PICT0390.jpg

WATERFALL in MONTEZUMA

PICT0559.jpg

FIRE DANCING AT CASA ZEN

On the last night I played a gig at RANCHO SANCHO, with two other musicians (one from Israel on small percussion and flute) and another from Minesota (on Djembe).. that was followed by an all night party at CASA ZEN with 10 Circus Performers.

PICT0656.jpg

ON THE BEACH

PICT0352.jpg

New Tico Friend

PICT0273.jpg