Jambands.ca

Tea Party break up 'not good' says Jeff Martin

zero

Found this Chartattack article on the breakup of Tea Party that was not nearly as compelling as this dude on Stillepost's screed about the band.

The tea party (to me) represents all that is bad about canadian major label rock. You can love them and have special moments to their music 'till your hearts content, that will not change the fact that they are basically Canada's Creed. Thats why an A1 loser like Scott Stapp got them to be his back-up bitches when his jesus band broke up. Seriously would you even entertain the thought of being a drug addicted ex-christian, having sex w/ kid rock on a bus and video taping it, getting your ass kicked by 311, arrogant asshole, messiah complexed pricks back up band? The Tea parties lack of judgement is astounding. Maybe the Tea Party and Scott Stapp-infection have more incommon then big mysoginistic rockstar ego's. That's all... I for one am glad I will never have to hear a shitty Jim Morrison impersonator singing in 76/98 time, with a guitar tuned to Q that some stagehand helps him change for every verse, break and chorus while he is eyeing up your girlfriend/wife from the stage so that he can come over and hit on her and creep her out right in front of you after they are done playing their shitty baseplayerless magical mystical sex rock ever again.

Their first album, The Tea Party self titled, was not very well circulated actually. It was a garage sounding album that sounded nothing like the Jim Morrison stigma that haunted Jeff Martin and the band after the release of their second album, Splendor Solis.

The self titled first album had anything but a Jim Morrison influence. I'd say very Zeppelin sounding if anything. There were a few good tunes on it, however the names of them seem to be eluding me at the moment. Splendor Solis was an excellent album in my opinion. It remained a staple in my sad looking collection (at the time) for quite sometime. Actually, I should reach into the pile and see if I can find that album. It's been a while.

I agree with Chameleon. They should have stuck with the good thing they had. I saw them at Edgefest one year and they did a nice little percussion jam between the 3 of them.

Just my 2 cents.

hated the band's sound... saw them live twice and just didn't dig it (was given tickets)... after meeting them though I found they were friendly enough and not entirely self centered or without interesting thoughts

they came into Mermaid's Lounge in hamilton where I was working and performed a Daniel Lanois song along with some other class choices (no Tea Party songs)... could've done without the singers leather pants, but after shooting the shit with em was left with the impression the pop performance side of things was all just another day at the office... with sex, drugs and free drinks... they were career orientated