Jambands.ca

Relatively Useless Information.....

YearsAlongTheSea

Hmmmm....

Well, clearly the first issue this raises is the user-name on the Skanc.

I mean, I'm not sure where he just moved from, (and having moved to Ottawa doesn't really detract from already having lived for years, along the sea) but I'm just thinking that the word "Canal" should probably be somewhere in the user-name now? Am I wrong?

....And I do believe I will be celebrating my BD a week early that night (as well as me Irish heritage), seeing as nothin seems to be going on the following weekend.

Well, Burt Neilson Band is playing at Scherzo in Kingston on Friday, March 24, and Mr. Something Something is playing The Bayou in Ottawa that same night. (I'm leaning towards Mr.SS at the moment, but that may change.)

if memory serves, there are other birthdays fast approaching, bradm and mattm...???? Cheers to green beer, good fun, and great friends!!!

My birthday is approaching, but I'd prefer that it not be celebrated until the actual day arrives. ;)

Aloha,

Brad

bradm...silly boy...whyn't we celebrate 3 weekends in a row, then!?

Well, it'd be four if you include this past weekend:

• March 10/11: WTTS+Lure+IJ / Mr.SS
  • March 17: JMATS
  • March 24: Mr.SS or BNB
  • March 31: Sisters Euclid + Dave Lauzon

Now, if something could be found for the weekend of April 7/8, I could go six straight weekends, as James McKenty And The Spades are playing The Pour House the weekend of April 14/15...

good digging for MrSS...that will definitely be my show of choice!

The show this past weekend was really good. Le Petit Chicago is a neat little venue, which made for a more up-front/intimate show, but without the feeling of being crowded that I got in Toronto over Christmas at College Street Bar. I'm also looking forward to finding out what the revamped Bayou is like.

Aloha,

Brad

In response to everything above: Thank you, yes, of course, and, I'll definately be there. Where? I don't know, there seems to be a lot on the plate so we'll have to start with James and his Spades. Calamity Jane, and eveyone else with an impending birthday, good beans, we'll rage it; milk it for a month or so. See ya'll here, there, and potentially most everywhere.

Why is it raining?

discuss..............

I think it has something to do with clouds but i could be wrong... anyone?

This maybe? Although this might just be for today. I know nothing, really, of the weather and it's patterns.

..SPRING BATTLES VIGOROUSLY WITH WINTER.. A DEEPENING COLORADO LOW TRACKING NORTHEAST OVER LAKE HURON INTO NORTHEASTERN ONTARIO WILL BRING QUITE THE VARIETY OF INCLEMENT WEATHER WITH IT..INCLUDING HEAVY SNOW..FREEZING RAIN AND POTENTIAL FOR SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS. AN ACTIVE COLD FRONT OVER WESTERN MICHIGAN COLLIDING WITH AN UNSEASONABLY WARM AND UNSTABLE AIRMASS IS PRODUCING FAVOURABLE CONDITIONS FOR SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS. THIS THREAT WILL CONTINUE FOR MUCH OF THE DAY AND WILL LIKELY INCREASE THIS AFTERNOON AS THE FRONT APPROACHES. CURRENT RADAR IS SHOWING SEVERAL CLUSTERS OF STRONG TO LOCALLY SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS OVER MICHIGAN AND THESE ARE EXPECTED TO DEVELOP INTO A LINE OF SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS OVER LOWER MICHIGAN THIS AFTERNOON. THESE STORMS MAY SPREAD INTO SOUTHWESTERN ONTARIO BY MID AFTERNOON. WHILE DAMAGING WINDS IN EXCESS OF 90 KM/H AND LARGE HAIL WILL BE THE MAIN THREATS THERE IS ALSO A RISK OF AN ISOLATED TORNADO. AN AREA OF RAIN..HEAVY AT TIMES..IS MOVING THROUGH EASTERN ONTARIO. AS THIS RAIN ENCOUNTERS SURFACE TEMPERATURES NEAR OF JUST BELOW THE MELTING POINT IN THE OTTAWA VALLEY..IT HAS TRANSFORMED INTO FREEZING RAIN. THIS FREEZING RAIN IS EXPECTED TO CHANGE TO RAIN NEAR MIDDAY AS THE TEMPERATURES SLOWLY CLIMBS ABOVE THE MELTING POINT. OVER THE REMAINDER OF EASTERN ONTARIO THE SURFACE TEMPERATURE HAS CLIMBED ABOVE ZERO CELSIUS AND THE FREEZING RAIN HAS EITHER ENDED OR CHANGED TO RAIN. MOTORISTS SHOULD EXERCISE EXTREME CAUTION. DRIVING CONDITIONS WILL DETERIORATE QUICKLY AS THE FREEZING RAIN MOVES IN. UNTREATED SURFACES MAY BECOME ICY AND VERY SLIPPERY. TRAVEL PLANS SHOULD BE ADJUSTED ACCORDINGLY. ENVIRONMENT CANADA CONTINUES TO MONITOR THIS LATE WINTER STORM AND WARNINGS WILL BE ISSUED OR ENDED AS CONDITIONS WARRANT.

PLEASE REFER TO THE LATEST PUBLIC FORECASTS FOR FURTHER DETAILS.