Jambands.ca

Lunch Recipes and Sammy's!!!

rubberdinghy

I've been doing something similar: bread + meat + cheese, possibly with slices of tomato and/or onion, then put it in the toaster oven on just "toast". It crisps the bread up (and warms the conents), but doesn't require any added fat or flipping (as is needed for making a fried cheese sandwich). Take out of the oven, top with ketchup, and chow down.

Aloha,

Brad

Sandwhich idea good. Also good with Rye bread and corned beef. Essential is the old chedder, aspecially if its white...mmm good.

However, I might suggest not wasting your money on the toaster oven, because: The greatest invention ever was this grill cheese maker my mom used to have. Not only could you make TWO sandwhiches at once, but you didnt have to stick to just plain grilled cheese! I used to put spaghetti sause and olives (as well as the cheese, of course) in between two pieces of plain old white bread and man, lemme tell ya, well, words just dont do it justice. Fantastic. Takes just as long as toaster oven. Picture a flat pac man. Thats the only way I can describe it. Good luck.

Quick, tasty & warm Breaky...

1 Instant Pkg of Oatmeal - choose your flavour

1 Diced Apple or fruit of your choice

Nuke the oatmeal for 1 minute. While oats are being warmed, dice up your fruit.

Add fruit to oatmeal and continue to nuke for another 1 1/2 minutes and voila, instant healthy warm goodness :o

1 Kettlemans's Herb & Cheddar bagel, toasted

Copious amounts of hot Montreal Smoked Meat

Swiss Cheese

Sweet Mustard

Garnish with a pickle on the side.

Deeeeeeelicious.

(can be bought at Kettleman's as the Super House Special for $5.70, but if you wanna make it at home, there ya go)

AD

and let's not forget the canned ham and processed cheese on wonder bread slices of heaven

butter up some wonder bread

in a bowl mix one can of flaked ham

add ketchup and miracle whip

spread evenly on buttered bread

place a slice of processed cheese on top and add 2nd slice of bread

press down firmly on both sides

throw it in a greased frying pan and grill that shit up

I ate Havlat for breakie....

KILLER SANDWICH....

• Angus roast beef, sliced real thin from loblaws...must me ANGUS
  • provolone cheese
  • onion
  • green pepper
  • butta
  • some type of italian, or sourdough loaf

Preheat oven to broil.

Sautee green peps and onions in plenty of butter, the more butter, the more grease, season to taste.

Top bread with roast beef at least a 1/2 pound, onion/green pep, then provolone.

Toss in oven...wait till cheese is bubbly...

REMOVE, CONSUME...

However, I might suggest not wasting your money on the toaster oven, because: The greatest invention ever was this grill cheese maker my mom used to have. Not only could you make TWO sandwhiches at once, but you didnt have to stick to just plain grilled cheese! I used to put spaghetti sause and olives (as well as the cheese, of course) in between two pieces of plain old white bread and man, lemme tell ya, well, words just dont do it justice. Fantastic. Takes just as long as toaster oven. Picture a flat pac man. Thats the only way I can describe it. Good luck.

i know exactly what you're talking about.. the world's greatest invention.. you could put anything into one of those sandwich smusher things and it would turn out awesome.

also i'm not a toaster oven owner, but the good old fashioned "broil" option on your oven can do the same trick.. one piece of thick french bread, extra old white cheddar cheese and tons of fresh parmesan.. under the broiler for 3 minutes or so and TADA! awesome. best served with homemade tomato soup.

another great invention for the sanwich lover is the panini grill.

Where in Ottawa can one buy good Montreal Smoked Meat? And how do you heat it up? (IIRC' date=' I've seen brisket-in-a-bag, which is boiled and then opened.)

Aloha,

Brad[/quote']

Dunns does a good Smoked Meat...closest I've found to Schwartz's. You used to be able to get a pound of meat and a loaf of rye from them for 10 bucks (it's been too long :( )...Also, Nate's on Rideau is apparently really good, however I have never been there...

I believe steam is the best way to heat it...that's how I've done it in the past.

Edited by Guest

Where in Ottawa can one buy good Montreal Smoked Meat? And how do you heat it up? (IIRC' date=' I've seen brisket-in-a-bag, which is boiled and then opened.)

Aloha,

Brad[/quote']

I had one a Dunn's and enjoyed it. As well, Druxy's has a fairly decent Smoked meat sandwich, but I always end up with roast beef there...that's the shit.

I was seeing a girl here in Seoul who said she hates sandwiches. I can't even grasp the concept! I must say, sandwiches are relatively hard to come by over here though. I've been sticking to the ol' toast with egg and cheddar and mayo lately.