Jambands.ca

whoa! a little too close for comfort!

Birdy

I heard that The Bandidos "had" only an estimated 12 registered members and a couple of handfuls of "associates". The news was predicting that this hit could end The Bandidos forays into Canada for quite some time.

I don't know, they have a website:

Bandidos

but there's no way in hell I'm going past the start page at work here.

If you are not a biker and do not owe biker's a tonne of dough or drugs, you have nothing to worry about.

I know many Hell's Angel's personally, and this is totally the deal.

This is not random or a public saftey issue on the whole. THis is a calculated and isolated takedown.

The media nd police will no doubt use this to demonize all biker's.

What they do not realize is thta just because you are a Hell's Angel or Bandidto, does not mean you are a criminal. Some of them are, and some of them just like to party hard, tatoo people and maybe sell a little weed. Others are much more nefarious. Biker's in clubs have a choice of how invoilved in crime they get. It is not maditory to do so. It is maditory to pay 10% of earning to the club. How you get your earning is up to you.

I hate the way police try to simplify this issue. It is not helpful.

Edited by Guest

Educate me please, I'm not sure, but are biker gangs such as the Hells Angels not considered an organized crime group?

The distinction is important and I honestly don't know.

Yes, but not enough to be a terrorist group (i'm still trying to figure out that difference)

Edited by Guest

This is not random or a public saftey issue on the whole. THis is a calculated and isolated takedown.

Always fascinated me how folks who claim to extol "the freedom of the open road" chain themselves to groups that are deeply dogmatic, strictly regimented and demand blind obedience. Always thought that's what they were trying to get away from.....too much Easy Rider for me maybe.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if it is bikers. Especially seeing as a New Haven CT chapter president of the Hells Angels was murdered previous to this occuring and rumored to have been killed by a Outlaws MC member(s).

Bear was a non-active member ;) He was the President in the 80's.

_______

432 CREW New Britain CT

Anyone on here own a harley? From what I've heard, the minute you buy one you are constantly hounded to join whatever gang is around the area but I've never owned one so I'm not sure. I do know someone in London that bought a harley and eventually sold it for a honda because he didn't want to join the outlaws and they wouldn't stop bugging him.

I saw a 'expert' on the Hour last night who said it wasn't a clensing. The terms "This is what happens when white trash take drugs", and "Trailer Park Boys meets the Sopranos" seem to stick out as highlights of the interview.

He also said that the 12-15 members that were in On were the rejects from every other biker gang in North America.

Having grown up around Outlaw MC (2 uncles are members) I can atest to some being really nice guys, even fun to be around. Would I trust any of them? Nope. Is there more then just guys wanting to ride, party hard etc? yep, its organized crime, plain & simple. Pretty much why I never ever wanted to join when I had a bike (72 Triumph custom), that and fear of my father kickin my ass across the country. Not to mention end up like my uncle, which is another story altogether.

As for the hounding folks who own harleys, it happens I guess but usually the person themself fits the profile or acts the part, hence the attraction of the clubbers. I have a lot of friends with harleys and not one has ever been bothered by anyone. I know many Hamilton folks have met my buddy Brian who used to come to La Luna's & Casbah for shows on occasion, he was asked once by a guy he worked with that was HA, he declined without any issue nor was asked again.

If you are not a biker and do not owe biker's a tonne of dough or drugs, you have nothing to worry about.

Tell that to the bystanders, an 11-year old kid and two prison guards that were killed in Montreal's turf war back in 1985. Fire-bombs don't discriminate either.