Jambands.ca

whoa! a little too close for comfort!

Birdy

SERIOUS CRIME SCENE

check this out! Shedden is about 40 minutes from Chatham!

SHEDDEN, Ontario (AP) -- Eight men were found dead inside several vehicles abandoned in a remote wooded area on a farmer's property Saturday.

Police were not disclosing many details about the bizarre crime scene in rural southwestern Ontario, except to say that four vehicles, including a tow truck, were involved and that the dead were all adult males.

I dated a girl from Fingal about 5 minutes from Shedden....close to home indeed.

So like umm I got this idea right.....like we buy these motor cycles right and then we like get jackets....yeahhh jackets....and then we're a club see and then if anyone else is in a different club then we like uhhhh scare the shit out of them, and steal and maybe kill people, then spend the weekend getting fucked up....y'in?

Ummm yahhh I think I'll just join a hockey team or somethin, but thanks.

****Note this response does not indicate that I believe that bikers were involved in these killings it's a little early to draw such conclusions...but I just spent some time reading past articles about convicted biker-related homicide....I read about approximately 180 deaths in about 15 minutes of research so yah I think the whole idea of these things is a little out of whack. [color:purple]Scandalous opinion I'm sure.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if it is bikers. Especially seeing as a New Haven CT chapter president of the Hells Angels was murdered previous to this occuring and rumored to have been killed by a Outlaws MC member(s).

Teaching here in St. Thomas, it's really been interesting some of the kids reactions.

First of all that this thread has the words Shedden and Fingal in it are just funny if you knew how small they are. I'll throw in a Iona Station for good mesaures.

One of the kids in my per. 2 class lives a half a mile away from the crime scene. The way it was discovered was because his neighbour could see the cars from his lawn half a klick away and called the cops.

Overheard today "My dad said that guy (biker leader) should have got popped a long time ago"

Wild stuff.

i'll throw in melbourne and delaware to mix things up..

haha one article i read said something to the effect that the most excitement Shedden sees every year is the kickoff of it's "rhubarb festival".

lol.

small town murders.. very interesting.

Trying to strike a balance here in my mind....... on the one hand you have the reality of grim death and a shaken up community, that is a tragedy indeed. On the other, you have eight men tied to a violent culture having their life's work end in violence. A tragedy? I'm not sure.

I think the tragedy is that the owners of the farm have had there heritage and homestead soiled by these low lifes.

Imagine your kid asking why the police have been here for days. Talk about nightmares.

Were they too lazy to rent a boat and dump the bodies? Isn't lake Erie like 20 minutes from there. Absurd scene they've created here.

Ahhh well.

Trying to strike a balance here in my mind....... on the one hand you have the reality of grim death and a shaken up community, that is a tragedy indeed. On the other, you have eight men tied to a violent culture having their life's work end in violence. A tragedy? I'm not sure.

well if you believe in the powers of salvation or in the least, rehabilitation, i would say it is a tragedy.

Were they too lazy to rent a boat and dump the bodies? Isn't lake Erie like 20 minutes from there. Absurd scene they've created here.

Ahhh well.

Also, who organizes a hit on eight people, then gets found at their house the next day? (A km or two away, I might add.) Theres five suspects in custody already. Its almost as though they've never done this before, or watched a single television show. That's what wierds me out.

Edited by Guest

I dunno. The quicker answer is no doubt the, well, quicker, but I have to figure that each of the folks involved had their own story going on, and I don't doubt that each had a different ending than what transpired.

Still, who of any of us can figure how our own stories will end? I gave up years ago thinking I'd end up with a balanced ledger. God bless ecstatic experiences, to move us past all that.

Maybe that's how they dealt with it, too.