Jambands.ca

Roll Call: Saturday Jam Back at 40 Main

Mr. Musicface

Maybe it's supposed to be "Todd Sandor & The Tummies", after that nasty breakup, and the other bands that said they were The Tummies, but only had one member who was never actually in The Tummies when Todd was?

Aloha,

Brad

quote:

Originally posted by Dr. Huxtable:

...add to that the emergence of "Cat's on Crack Orchestra" (COCO) a musical outfit out of Denver, recreating original Tummies setlists with eery precision....I can't believe people tape those guys....

That was waaaay too funny, I can actually picture the COCO doing an orchestrated rendition of the title song " My Cats on Crack", directed by Stanley Kubrick of course.

quote:

Originally posted by Dr. Huxtable:

I've actually heard COCO outdraws Mung and Phriends on the west coast......sad......

Yeah, but that's only because those Westerners think COCO's Todd is better (read: more enjoyable) than The Tummies' Todd. (And remember that BatTodd isn't drawing well at all; only serious Toddy fans like that steaming pile of bat guano...)

Aloha,

Brad

You're all sick.

By the way, The Tummies don't even HAVE a song called "Cat's on Crack". We do have a song called "Pumpkin" that is a touching tribute to a fallen friend where we scream the lyric's "My Cat's on Crack!" over and over. Sorry for any confusion. Sickos.

And if you guys only knew just how much we are holding back from commenting on the COCO fiasco...

quote:

Originally posted by Velvet:

You're all sick.

And we're all fans of The Tummies. Funny 'bout that...

quote:

By the way, The Tummies don't even HAVE a song called "Cat's on Crack". We do have a song called "Pumpkin" that is a touching tribute to a fallen friend where we scream the lyric's "My Cat's on Crack!" over and over. Sorry for any confusion.

Doesn't that band "Nearough" also have a song called "Pumpkin"? Titles can't be copyrighted, but you should sort that out with them.

Aloha,

Brad (Kookoo for COCO-Puffs)

nero has a song called The Pumpkin Song (like tuna-fish) and The Tummies have a non-redundant smash hit called Pumpkin. Totally different, but you're right, you can't copyright song titles (turns out we're not the only band with a song called Stairway To Heaven!?!?!!).

The last straw came with BradM's signature though. Sure, we all know and appreciate when you put things in brackets there that spell you're name, but 'Kookoo for COCO-Puffs' DOES NOT SPELL BRAD!!!!

Geez, give a guise a break!

quote:

Originally posted by Velvet:

nero has a song called The Pumpkin Song (like tuna-fish) and The Tummies have a non-redundant smash hit called Pumpkin.

I sit corrected; thanks for the clarification.

quote:

The last straw came with BradM's signature though. Sure, we all know and appreciate when you put things in brackets there that spell you're name, but 'Kookoo for COCO-Puffs' DOES NOT SPELL BRAD!
!!!

Geez, give a guise a break!

I value you, Velvet, because you pay attention to the minutest detail, and challenge words, phrases, and sentences as they go by. (Remember at Vernon Downs, when you asked if my SwissKnife had scissors, and I said no, because I don't want to be known to run with scissors, and you asked, "Where do you run?" That's the kind of thing I mean.)

On this one, however, you missed. If I spell my name all in uppercase, there'll be an acronym of the letters of my name in parentheses after it. If my name's not all in uppercase, what follows it not be considered an acronym.

Either that, or you're not pronouncing it properly.

Aloha,

Brad

Hey Everybody, just wanted to confirm with everyone interested in a Saturday full of music, that the "Jam Back at the House" get together at 40 Main Street tommorow, is going to happen big time!! We're hoping to start anytime after 12 (noon), start out witrh some open jamming and put the first band on between 1 and 2 pm, then alternate open jams and full bands for the rest of the day, at least until the evening Bluesfest and Afterparties kick in. Heres a taste of some of the bands that will be joining together to play; The Skanks, BullMoose/Sneakers combo from Montreal, The Tummies, Jiva Ju, and representatives from many other local favourites including Ferriswheeler, Project Gold, Grant Buffett Experience, Cafe Dekcuf Tuesday Jammers and more...

What you may want to bring; beers n booze for the day, BBQ food to put on the grill, (which we'll have working better this time), umbrella and/or bathing suit in case we get some showers during the day, and any friends you want to bring with you.

We can keep the party going till later in the evening (8 or 9 ish) if people are still around, but there'll also be Elvis Costello playing at Bluesfest at 7:45 pm, and do not forget the Grand Theft Bus Bluesfest afterparty going down at Babylon that night as well.

Looking forward to a full day of Music and partying again with ya' all.

[big Grin]

http://members.rogers.com/jiva.ju/jbath.pdf

Archived