Jambands.ca

Simply The Slip

bouche

I can't stop listening to The Slip and Surprise Me Mr.Davis! THe most recent recordings that are CONSTANTLY playing are the Montreal 03-02-2006 show and one that Guigsy posted about.... 03-21-2006. Killer killer KILLER recordings. As well, there is a show from 2003 at The Narrows that contrasts the current Slip sounds and it's so fucking great.

The Surpise Me Mr. Davis stuff mostly comes from the official release the I got off of www.disclogic.com

I really do feel obsessed at the moment.

what narrows show? 03.27.03, or one of the acoustic / electric nights they did when they released the aliveelectric/aliveacoustic albums? i just recently got the 11.28.03 acoustic show from the narrows - man, it's incredible!

but 03.27.03 is an all-time favourite show of mine. spring '03 = holy fuckballs.

through the iron gate - secret song on 'Does'. thats about it.

i havent been able to get into any of the studio albums they've done so far, but i am excited as hell for the new one.

that said, the last surprise me mr. davis album, and the new ep, are both stellar.

If you guys could make a "best of" slip disc out of the studio albums, what would be on it?

good question. However, I don't friggin have any studio slip! I can't wait for their impending release and all I've heard off of that is Even Rats (WICKED!)

I've got the 2 live acoustic/electric discs and nothing moore ;)

For Slip studio, from the two I studio cds I have:

Songs w Lyrics:

Honey Melon (From the Gecko)

Alsoa (FTG)

Weight of Solomon (FTG)

Love and Tears (Angels Come on Time)

Beetle to the Badlands (ACOT)

Sometimes True to Nothing (ACOT)

Songs:

Spice Groove (FTG)

Eube (FTG)

Yellow Medicine (FTG)

Cumulus (FTG)

Munf (FTG)

Get with Me Fuji (ACOT)

Sorry (ACOT)

Jumby (ACOT)

Tinderbox (ACOT)

Nellie Jean (ACOT)

I would also say So Dope, Johnnys Tune, Rhythym and Gold and Through the Iron Gate from Does would complete this set nicely..........

Of course I would probably be tempted to make a third cd comprising the rest of the songs from the albums, so it would really end up being just a mix of all of the Slip studio stuff and that would be ok...............

Sean

ps. I just received 12.26.03 and it is the best I have ever heard to date. Incredible!

just found some

on youtube of the last show in Buffalo - 03.06.06... i just watched the first 30 seconds or so, and it looks a little dark, and i dont have sound at work, so i dont know what it sounds like either... but for anyone interested, there ya go.

NW: 12.26.03 ??? hook a brother up!