Jambands.ca

Anyone here listen to The Be Good Tanyas?

edger

Just curious. I've never really heard any hype about them amongst this crowd.

Been listening to their album Blue Horse fairly frequently lately. Beautiful and somehow comforting.

If you're into the folk/blues/county/bluegrass sort of vibe, check them out www.begoodtanyas.com

For those of you heading to the Ottawa Blues Fest, apparently they are playing on the 11th. I have yet to see them live, but I would imagine that it would not dissapoint (yet likely mellow)

Any thoughts?

THanks Greg. That would be much appreciated. I was hoping to catch them this summer when Todd and I head out to Vancouver (which is where they are from), however as of now it looks as if Ottawa is their only Canadian date so far. Chummin around the UK for the most part it looks like...

How close (in sound and style) are The Be Good Tanyas to The Ditty Bops? I've listened to several tDB shows (which are available here), and like their stuff a lot: it's folky, jazzy, cabaret music, with great vocals, off-beat lyrics, and a generally fun approach. They're one act I wish would get up here (they're based in Southern California, which is where they do most of their shows).

Aloha,

Brad

I've never slagged a band on this forum ( except for Randy Bachman - and he deserves it for f*cking with Lenny Breau), but I have never in my life been as mind bogglingly bored as I was at a Be Good Tanya's show. It's like watching a rich kid dress up in straggly clothes and panhandle. Or like watching Vin Diesel do drama. Ouch. And they're notoriously bitchy to each other and others. Hence they don't tour ever and are no longer a band (unless they need some press for their solo careers).

As for Kevin Breit, I'm betting he sat in at the studio when they weren't there and they never met him. Someone should ask him. C o'Phish?

Incidentally, I feel the exact opposite about Sarah Harmer. IMO, she was born with so much grit, heart and soul. I don't know why, but I feel everything she sings, mainly because I think she actually feels and means it.