Jambands.ca

Worst music reviewer ever ?

bouche

Read the Black Crowes load of crap review on Canoe. This is clearly an opinionated piece and not a live music review. It's actually very insulting and he clearly took as many jabs as he could in every paragraph.

Stick to the Britney Spears concerts BILL HARRIS!

The current approach of the six-member band, which has the bulk of its original members back, was in evidence a couple of songs into the proceedings: Long solo after long solo after long solo.

Guitar, keyboards, more guitar, drums. Does anyone in the stands want to have a go, too?

Chris Robinson still is a fairly charismatic frontman with a good set of pipes, but he went through several

10-minute stretches where he had absolutely nothing to do except hop and clap. He was reduced to bit-player status and had to pretend he was enjoying it.

Every time Chris stepped away from his mike and stood in front of the drum kit, you almost could hear at least half the audience moaning, "Oh no, here we go again."

maybe we should all send him an email of disgust. That literally is the worst piece of shit I've ever read. There's no way that was a bad show. He called it a friggin' rehearsal!

Quite obvious this person is not one to see or appreciate musicians "jam" and to say that Robinson had to pretend he was enjoying it goes to show that the music was wasted on him...

No point in directing emails of disgust his way 'cause he just doesn't "get it"... :crazy:

what a douchebag...but anybody who writes a review like that had ONE idea of what the show should and would be. Awwwwww they didn't play the hits? , what a bitch. Every REAL fan there wanted to hear exactly what we got. He obviously has crap bias against the band leaking out his ass and can't stand the fact the band wasn't what he thought they'd be.

And just for the record, anybody writing for the Toronto Sun is a douchebag to start with.

he obviously doesn't know the meaning of objectivity and his bias and ignorance make me want to tear a strip off of him

but then again anyone who writes for the Sun won't give a rats ass what you think of them, they're there coz they're not good neough to rise above the lowest common denominator- the Sun scrapes the bottom of the barrel for writers. actually i suspect they pay decent money for their sports writers and not much else...

I just love people getting wound up by a bad review! endless entertainment.

I thought this one was genuinely hiliarious!

This particular style still appeals to some music fans, presumably. Like, if you're old enough to have attended Woodstock in 1969 and your lasting impression was, "You know, those three days of music could have used a few more interminably long solos."

geez, I've read worse "reviews" right here.

hehe, i was gonna put something in my ottawa review about a rehearsal vibe as well... last time i saw them in a club show there were lots of stage decorations, a backdrop i think, the backup ladies were wearing gowns instead of jeans and t-shirts, setlist flowed a lot better like it was planned out... but i was only gonna mention it as an aesthetic, not talking about the music....

guess i'll leave that part out, not a popular thought here i guess.

AD

Send him an email and point the dipshit to this thread.

I nominate Bouche for this task.

If Bill's reading this.....

Chris Robinson is the best front man going, and is a dieing breed, he's no Robbie Williams though I guess.

No Hits :(:(:( ....buy another album buddy. Chances are you were inundated with hits you didn't recognize in your obviously narrow scope of understanding.

Edited by Guest
Due to snarky tone...snark depleted

Send him an email and point the dipshit to this thread.

I nominate Bouche for this task.

If you're reading this Billy Boy....you are not a very bright man.

Chris Robinson is the best front man going, and is a dieing breed, he's no Robbie Williams though I guess.

No Hits :(:(:( ....buy another album buddy. Chances are you were inundated with hits you didn't recognize in your obviously narrow scope of understanding.

Why???

It's his right/choice to like/dislike any music that he listens and writes about...just because he didn't enjoy somethimg that others do and did doesn't make him an evil or vendictive person...

To point him in the direction of this board where he is being slammed for expressing his opinion is coming close to that evil thing known as censorship...

Look at it this way...we won't have to run into him or those who share his musical tastes at future Crowes shows... ;)

I think some perspective might be good, and I think at least he can see where there are gaps in his understanding of the music.

I mean to reference the earliest of the early parts of this band's catalogue shows me that he's not really educated about the other material and thus shouldn't really be writing reviews.

I guess I am in the camp that the reviewer should know about the bands songs as well as the hits. Otherwise John Q Public may as well be publishing their thoughts. There's a reason he's on the payroll right.

guess i'll leave that part out, not a popular thought here i guess.

If you really feel that way then you should include it. Don't pander to your audience. ;)

The sparse setting added to my enjoyment.

The line in the Toronto Sun review about Chris pretending to enjoy himself is the worst!

I can't say I'm familiar with other reviews that he's written so I can't comment on his "understanding of the music" or that "he shouldn't really be writing reviews."

I would have to think that he has a position to write for publications because he does have a background in journalism of some degree otherwise he'd be expressing his views and opinions on boards such as this one.

If I let every little piece of criticism that didn't reflect how I felt towards music, films, books, the Leafs ( ;) ) piss me off then I'd be pissed off 24/7 :P

All I was saying is what good would it do to direct him to a board that was slamming him for expressing his views and experiences.

Glad to hear that I have nothing to do with this thread.

I don't see the tizzy everybody's getting in. The guy writes for the Sun. Period. Also are wer not all used to the pejorative attitude towards anything that jams. Moreover do you not have to be on something to appreciate the lion's share of jam music, I'm not trying to get out the old saw just I really have found that people who like jam music tend to at least smoke pot. Alot of indy rock twats don't even drink which doesn't make them any better people.