Jambands.ca

BNB appreciation thread

kookycanooky

Here Ye! Here Ye!

Seeing the band last weekend brought back many fond memories. It was the first performance i'd seen the show since Labour day and it truly reminded me why I adore the music so much. This past year saw a very relaxed touring schedual, ever so slowly my Shag carpet CD slowly drifted to the back of my music rotation. I've had such a great time rocking out to burt at numerous venues...most notably my first show, forever ingrained in my mind, -January 2003 at the horseshoe- the very next night after my first jamband show ever (gtb & jsb seamless sets). Also, the 2003 Beer Festival at Fort York...I went by myself and was one of 4 people in the audience. It was where I heard 'by the door' for the very first time...it stands out as the day I truely came to realize the perma-smile inducing music that the band is capable of dispensing.

This weekend I grooved to a shit load of very enjoyable music. Seeing BNB and once more reliving the joy i get out of their music - something which i had nearly forgotten - put the preverbial "icing on the cake" that was CTMF.

Looking forward to the next stop...

Don't stop rocking!

I'm all over this Appreciation Thread :). I've only caught them a small handful of times, but each time they've managed to blow my head clean off. I love not only the devastatingly solid musicianship of each of them, but especially the sixth sense that lets them play it together so well. I'm so looking forward to Canada Day weekend!

kooky, you must come to Ottawa for Canada Day: Friday night BNB with Peter Elkas at Mavericks, then the usual Ottawa Canada Day party at "that place" on Saturday.

Aloha,

Brad

holy cow i might actually be in O-town for c-day visiting my ol' halifax roomies. What is the ticket situation like?

I know it's just aging and atrophy but it really seems like they were much bigger at one point - I guess two line ups ago - like it was a real event when they came through your university town like the Bourbon Tabernacle Choir (same sort of following). It really shows how the jamband scene in Canada is dwindling - they deserve theír due.