Jambands.ca

Great Glebe Garage Sale!

AD

This Saturday is the Great Glebe Garage Sale!! The whole neighbourhood will be selling stuff. It's a great day.

Come down and buy my junk.

I've got two CD towers, lots of CDs, VHS movies, and a brand spanking new top-quality cordless phone to sell, among other stuff.

Lots of great deals to be had on Saturday

AD

who's going to try and stay up all night and then go again?

It'd be a good finish to JSB tomorrow night...stumble out of Barrymore's, head over to Elgin for some late-night munchies at the Elgin St. Diner, then head Glebeward about dawn for some shopping.

Well, it'd be a good finish for people other than me: at 9am on Saturday, I intend to be mid-way through my planned after-breakfast nap.

Aloha,

Brad

This Saturday is the Great Glebe Garage Sale!! The whole neighbourhood will be selling stuff. It's a great day.

Come down and buy my junk.

I've got two CD towers, lots of CDs, VHS movies, and a brand spanking new top-quality cordless phone to sell, among other stuff.

Lots of great deals to be had on Saturday

AD

how much for the phone?

where do you live?

I intend to be mid-way through my planned after-breakfast nap.

Aloha,

Brad

then up again for eleven-sies? You must be part Hobbit!!!

seriously, the only way I'd consider doing it is your suggestion of the early-morning diner then staggering off to find some finds! I sometimes fail to see the point of sleep!

No, more like 10ses. Rather than sleep late, which shifts the schedule for the rest of the day (and its meals) by a couple of hours, I get up by about 8am, have breakfast, then head back to bed until about 10am, garnering at least an hour and a half's extra sleep in the process. After I get back up, I usually have a show to process between 10am and noon (hey, if I hadn't gone and burned myself out, I wouldn't need a morning nap :)), and I can then start the FTP (or torrent) of it, and then go back to bed for another couple of hours; a late afternoon awakening, further handling of the show (if necessary), dinner about 5pm, and I'm ready to head back out.

This kind of thing, as far as I can tell, goes against most recommendations for maintaining good sleep, but it has one advantage: I'm able to get sleep just about whenever I have a couple of hours to spare.

Aloha,

Brad

how much for the phone?

where do you live?

I might have sold the phone to a guy at work today, but if I didn't, it's worth about $60 and it 'cost' me in other credits and stuff about $30, so I'd want $30 for it. I'll let you know tomorrow if it's still available or not.

Maybe we'll find your stolen cd's mooose?

(not implying AD stole them)

Haha, some of these are CDs I don't want to fess up even owning, let alone buying in the first place!

AD

Anyone get some sweet deals?

I got an electric wok for $2, 2 sweet chairs for my patio for $5, and the following 4 records in mint condition for 25 cents each:

Stones - Love you Live

Bowie - David Live

Faces - Oooh La La

Robert Palmer - Sneaking Salley Through the Alley

Sold a bunch of my stuff too, made $80.

Great day, good to see so many people out in the Glebe

AD

I scored a 20 band equalizer and a stereo tuner for $20.

We are the World, and Disco Hits on CD.

We were out there by 8:00 sharp and most of the furniture already had sold stickers on it.

Good times, still a lot of crap though.