Jambands.ca

Cirque Du Soleil : Quidam

bouche

I honestly believe that the Cirque Du Soleil event in Ottawa is completely worth travelling to Ottawa to see. It was the most AMAZING experience I've ever had. Ms.Hux, myself, Ollie, christine, our friend randy from work and Krissi all purchased tix for this back in Nov.2005. We had GREAT seats too!

I went in with no clue as to what to expect aside from the likely inhuman capabilities

of the performers. I slowly realized that there was more to it than feats of strength, endurance

and balance. The music was completely live as far as I could tell, but I still have a hard

time to believe it. It was freakin' excellent music helping to create an amazing

sound experience via some likely very expensive surround sound setup.

The music was mostly arabian (correct musical term?) in rhythm and in scales but also hit the spanish modes as well. There was a cello in the band, guitar, drums (behind one of them sound shields), bass, sax, keys and hi-quality midi horns and strings along with a vocalist. The band was hidden in shadow most of the time, but every once in a while you would get a glimpse or the lights might come up and feature the band. The music was PERFECTLY timed to all of the events and the comedy routines took advantage of their dynamics and abilities to provide sound effects.

I really have no idea how to describe the acts, but there was human balancing, suspended hoop tricks,

sky-high draperies used as rope for suspension and tricks, really small girls

cooperatively juggling spinning wheel thingies, and 2 very incredibly funny simulations

of a silent movie being performed before your eyes. Aside to the feats of strength and balance,

the comedy portions were the frikken highlight to me. I have never laughed so hard at

a live performance in my life, and I saw Jon Stewart in front row!

Throughout the evening, I couldn't help but think that friends from out of town would

seriously benefit from making a trip to see this and anyone who lives in Ottawa would

be doing a disservice to themselves by not going to see the Cirque Du Soleil.

If you think you can handle your weed, test your abilities at this show. From the

very beginning you get a sense that you may have accidentally been dosed. It's one

hell of an experience.

the Slip should be the band actually.

GM, that was le premiere soire, n'est ce pas?

What did you think of the music? Live all the way? From what I'm gathering, they do it all with pure 100% talent and not gimmicks. Sharon was saying that they search the globe for the right people to be part of every facet.

The band could have been a show piece, but they appeared to actually be an integral part of the show.

GM, that was le premiere soire, n'est ce pas?

What did you think of the music? Live all the way? From what I'm gathering, they do it all with pure 100% talent and not gimmicks. Sharon was saying that they search the globe for the right people to be part of every facet.

I'm pretty sure it's been running for a week or two?

The music WAS perfect. Totally fitting for every mood change, I thought.

The show was highly syncopated, which leads me to believe they were playing along with some prerecorded tracks- as the tempo/timing was so important to a lot of the preformances.. but the band were playing the music live for sure!

Amazingly talented people.. in all aspects of the show.

They've got a new show in Vegas called LOVE - it's to the music of The Beatles. Looks pretty awesome!!

I signed up to their online club. WIth that, they invited all members to be part of a 'beta' test of Love. I got the email and seriously considered taking Sharon there. From what I'm reading now, they really are going to have an amazing Beatles tribute event.

i really loved the guy in the giant wheel at the beginning, that was so cool! and the little girls with the spinny things.

definitely worth paying extra for good seats...we sat on the side this time, next time i'd definitely want to sit right in front!

i really loved the guy in the giant wheel at the beginning

ME TOO!!!!!!!!!

I called him Hamster Wheel Guy.

That is some pretty impressive choroegraphy. Mind = blown.

The laughter during the mimes was worth the price of admission.

Get as much psychedelics as you can possibly handle into your head and see that shit!