Jambands.ca

BONNAROO HYPE THREAD

SmoothedShredder

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm now finally starting to get pumped for this. After one plan fell through after another (I'm now on 'plan D'), it looks as though things are now starting to come together.

Although we've dwindled in numbers a bit, a small bunch of us are still standing... and determined to go.

I think I need to catch up on some sleep ASAP. Otherwise it's going to be a rough ride....

Actually, Deeps I think they are spoken for. I've just sent Timmy a private message to see if he is "agreeable" to the deal. (That is, if we are talking about the same set of tickets).

We can talk more maybe tonight no? It looks as if Janusc is working on hooking us up with a ride...?

i think there will be lots of us in the no-car area this year, not too sure where exactly yet... during lulls in the music i will probably be wandering the centeroo and sampling from the fabulous Brooers Festival.

AD

be sure to check out the sonic stage

Last year I saw some gems that had maybe 100 people...short 20-30 minute sets that were great If you needed a little break from the big time shows. Just a note though, the schedule for this stage is ALWAYS off by an hour or so...or at least last year it was.

Edited by Guest

A skank meet-up indeed!

Last year, we often ventured to the left-of-centre side of the main stage. If you take the time to make it through the crowd, you are generally rewarded with more open space. Lots of groovin room.

If you hang back a bit on that side (which is conveniently w/i close vicinity of the beer line, which is also less busy on this side) it is a good place to spot fellow skanks and other notables.

Keep your eyes peeled

I am curious what show conflicts people are having? Every year there are bound to be two or more of your favourite acts playing at the same time.

This year I have two: Randolph and Oysterhead and then the next day its gonna be hectic with the Codetalkers playing right before Refugee All Stars and Soulive who are right before Bela and the Streets who are during Matisyahu. I think I am going to choose Oysterhead over Randolph (how many times will I get to see Oysterhead?) and do the Codetalkers, leave early and go see Soulive, catch the begining of Bela and then go see most of Matisyahu (while leaving early to get a good spot for Phil)...phew, its gonna be a great weekend.