Jambands.ca

Labour Day Come Together Fest ...

mark tonin

Come Together for one last summer blast during the Labour Day weekend!

I spoke with Mark Wilson last week and things are taking shape for a Labour Day Come Together Fest at Frontier Ghost Town on Sept. 1, 2 & 3. Acoustic acts in the saloon from noon until 8 p.m. on Sat. and Sun., a main tent stage running Fri., Sat. and Sun., and late night bands in the saloon.

The "acoustic saloon" has almost been finalized, and there is a huge amount of talent booked to play, much of which is new talent for this festival. Check out the list of performers scheduled to play the acoustic saloon stage:

Mike Alviano

Jay Cleary

Mandi Hancock

Lynn Jackson

Shannon Lyon

Paul MacLeod

John Mars

Craig McNair

Tanya Philipovich

JP Riemens

Alfie Smith

Lucas Stagg

Mark Tonin

Mark Wilson

The main tent and late night saloon acts will be announced in the near future.

I'll post more info when I get it. And you can also check out the Come Together Music Fest web site for more info.

Peace, Mark

The band names that will be recognized will be announced in the near future. :)

Paul MacLeod and Shannon Lyon are big names in the KW region.

I think for the first time ever I'm going to play a set of mostly original music on stage, just me and my bass guitar.

Looking forward to the Labour Day Come Together Fest, but not too much yet as there is still lots of summer left! :)

Peace, Mark

ah yes, i remember now.

:)

hope i can make it up to the ghost town, i've never been!

Mark Wilson has a voice from the soul that's hard to forget.

It would be a treat to see Velvet and phorbsie at ghost town.

And the Tonin bass guitar playing will be accompanied by some words. ;):)

Peace, Mark

Edited by Guest

I'm guessin' a lot of the Ottawa-area crew are headin' to moe.down for the Labour Day weekend, but if you're lookin' for a Canadian alternative phorbsie, the Come Together Fest is always a lot of fun.

Lookin' forward to the next time we connect Todd ... I think the last time was last year at the Labour Day Come Together Fest.

Off for some outdoor adventure ... happy summer days! :)

Peace, Mark

I've been away for the week, and just read an email message which states that the following bands are playing at the Labour Day Come Together Fest. I'm lovin' the looks of this!

Fat Cats

Caution Jam

Doug Feaver (main and acoustic stage)

Superstack

What The Thunder Said

Ecodeck

Mark Wilson & The Way It Is

Diesel Dog

Vanderpark

and more to come

Peace, Mark

As per usual, a lot of southern Ontario favourites will be playing at the festival ... friends playing for friends, which is a big part of what this festival is about.

Having said that, there is a lot of talent booked for the acoustic stage that is new to the festival, and I'm sure that many people will be happy to see Doug Feaver's name on the bill for the festival. I finally saw him play for the first time at Dancin' Man & Super Freak's Buck & Doe, and wow, now I know why people have raved about him for all of these years. He's somewhat of a legend in Hamilton, and I now understand why.

Peace, Mark

I've got a feaver and the only prescription is more Doug!

(I've never actually seen him but I've always wanted to say that)

If there is a God, there will be some bluegrass this time!!

Oh, and as much as it is always the same bands playing every festival, I will never complain if I see the Fat Cats, Diesel Dog or the Burties on the roster!!

So, here hoping for some BNB too!!