Jambands.ca

What The Thunder Said-Aug 17, 18, 19 - Gue, Ham, Ott - Kae Sun Content

Deeps

I noticed around town on all the posters and here on the page there's a like obvious typo. It should read 'w. Luke' - Deeps and I worked up a pretty splendid and dashing sort of modern jazz tap dance/think piece that I think people are really going to like.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go early, and check out a rare out of town LURE set! They are my fave Ottawa band at the moment.

Want some idea of What The Thunder Said's current sound?! Check out this awesome show from this past weekend!

http://www.archive.org/details/wtts2006-08-13.sbd.shnf

Willy, sounds great.. but is that you reviewing your own taping job, with 5 stars?

justcheckin.

Lure rocked it last night.

The band jumped on stage in head to toe white.

Mark Charron was wearing a lab coat only which prompted the boys to replace a couple of choruses in one of their tunes with an ode to Mark's balls.

This band is great and ideal if you're looking for a wacky sound and great band to see on the stage. Tight as all hell and great guys.

See you on Saturday...we'll be up first and then more Lure.

Tonight another kick at the hip-hop can and caoxing people inside on a Pepper Jack Friday night.

See you tonight Hammertonians.

so like what time does this start at Zaphod's?

Scan the first page of this topic: I asked Deeps if getting there at 8pm (to get a spot and get set up) would work, and he said it'd be fine. I've also heard that Lure is supposed to start at 9:45pm.

Aloha,

Brad

I'll be there! I haven't been to Pepper Jacks in soooo long and I've never even seen What the Thunder Said(or Kae Sun!). Yay!

Hey Sarah welcome back.

See you at the show tonight. Woohoo!!!

I'm gonna hit on you like you wouldn't believe.

I'm wearing junk excentuating trousers and am gonna sweat like crazy.

Deeps

good times last night guys! I must comment that hanging out a Zaphod's without having to be out all night is pretty fantastic.

I brought Sharon's brother, Dan with me and he couldn't shut up about how fantastic WTTS were like. He's a guy that enjoys music, but doesn't get out much. Radio mostly. So WTTS knocked him on his ass.

I think that is key with the current timing. Bringing out people that are not exposed to fantastic live music will undoubtably kick things up for everyone.

I brought my camera, and I was pretty wasted with Dan, yet today, I found a few nice photos from last night.

CHECK OUT MY DRUNKEN PHOTOS I love Mike's "The Ropers" shirt!!!!

We caught a bit of Lure as well, but decided that it would be nice to come home to our ladies and hang out with them in the hot tub. AN early evening, but still, I will be sure to keep my radar on Zaphod's for more events that close at eleven. It really does make for an easier way to get up by 10 am and enjoy sunday ;)

Thanks Deeps and Mike (and the rest). I wish I could have stayed longer.

BTW, Dan mentioned that he wants to catch you all again, and he lives in Scarborough so please let me know when I can send him your way!

the 3 shows over this weekend got increasingly better. Many nice people witha lot of energy. Ottawa has a great thing going on for it. Our most excited audience for sure.

We were actually able to travel to the gig in 1 vehicle as a band. We borrowed much from Lure in return for this luxury.

It's funny we've been doing this for 2.5 years and never travelled together...this weekend brought us together.

Hung with many skanks in Ottawa, very kind folks that supported us @ Zaphod's that I then met up with @ Cafe Dekuf. It was nice to just be at the bar and feel the culture @ Dekuf without having to get on stage.

Sep 16th we will be @ Dekuf with Inglewood Jack, hope to see you again.

Good times.

Deeps