Jambands.ca

The Catholic church is at it again

Booche

CATHOLIC CHURCH PUTS CONFESSION BOOTHS IN STRIP JOINTS!

By Mark Miller

BOSTON, Mass. -- One of the last places a man can enjoy a safe, guilt-free and uninhibited evening of sexy entertainment is the strip joint. That refuge, however, may be coming to an end as the Catholic Church has begun installing confession booths inside gentlemen's clubs.

"When they first told me they were going to put a confession booth in here, I assumed they were joking," recalled Joe Sharkey, owner of Boston's Hot Foxx strip club. "It turns out the joke was on me.

"They said if I didn't allow the confession booth to be installed, they'd organize a citywide boycott and would work to get my liquor license suspended.

"I decided it was less trouble to just let them put the darn thing in."

Similar scenes have occurred throughout the city. Manned by local priests, the booths cater to both the male customers and the female strippers.

"At first, the customers mainly complained about it," Sharkey said.

"But as soon as the church 'suggested' we offer a 25 percent discount for anybody who used the confession booth, it became very popular."

"Truth be told, it saves me time visiting the confession booth in church," admitted Bob P., "so I'm killing two birds with one stone."

Over the next few weeks many of the strippers also began popping into the confessionals.

"I feel guilty enough not telling my parents about the kind of work I do," confided Misty.

"At least this way I can relieve some of that guilt that I have and also be absolved of my sins."

One club has adopted an "if you can't beat 'em" policy by incorporating the new confession booth into its name: The Lap Up Salvation Club.

Their motto is 'Come For the Nudity -- Stay for the Soul Cleansing.'

Seems like the confession booths are just another place to get illegal sex in a strip club. Private booth and all.

If the church can bring morality into the den of sin..then can I bring sen into the den of morality.

Does this mean we should now able to buy drugs and beer while at chruch?

It should be a two way street...

Besides a strip club seems like a good place for the catholic church...although wouldn't they be more comfortable at an underage all male boy strip club...seems like there turf.

God or Mammon? A senior British clergyman says churches should have cash machines.

Archbishop of Lincoln the Venerable Arthur Hawes said the machines would be a service given by churches to the community. According to The Mirror newspaper, he said: "People in rural parts have to travel long distances to get cash, which costs them money. So why not put a cash machine somewhere handy, like in a church?" A Church of England spokesman said permission would be needed from each local diocese.