Jambands.ca

5 Disc Rotation + 1

scottieking

Man in the I-Pod era, I only actually own two of these on disc (and yes, purchased)and they're so good, I had to cheat and put six cause technically one isn't out for awhile. But enough with the explaining...

Easy Star All Stars -Radiodread - They're back and this time it's OK Computer. Not as consistent as Dub Side but good nonetheless

Cold War Kids - Up In Rags - This little indie EP has infected my brain with their minimalist sound and terrific sound writing

MMW with Trey - 7 22 06 - 10k Fest - Gag. Sick.

The Hard Life and Times of Guy Terrifico Soundtrack - Seen the movie? Dare you not to own the soundtrack.

The Sadies Live Volume one - Not only do you get 42 tracks of the fackin Sadies, but Neko Case, Heavy Trash, Keelor and Cuddy, and a host of guests. Great cross-section of the influence these guys have. And of course, LIVE SADIES!

My Morning Jacket - Okonokos - Double Live- Hell Yeah, MMJ live was the highlight of my Lolla weekend. Band at the apex of their power. NOT YET RELEASED.

Hon Mentions also to Band of Horses, and Kings of Leon Live Ep

• Bob Dylan - Modern Times (bought a pre-release copy from Berlin :thumbup:)
  • The Gourds - Heavy Ornamentals
  • Townes Van Zandt - Live At The Bluebird Cafe (w/ Steve Earle & Guy Clark)
  • Delaney & Bonnie & Friends - On Tour With Eric Clapton
  • Shannon Lyon - Tales Of A Yellow Heart
  • John Fogerty - Blue Moon Swamp

corb lund-hair in my eyes like a highland steer

steely dan-aja

gd 1990-05-06 disc 2

ani difranco-little plastic castle

billy preston collection

edit to add...niffermouse heard bp's version of "circles" last night and told me that she had always thought that was a diesel dog original :P

Edited by Guest

Ween - Chocloate and Cheese (classic!)

Paul Simon - some best of... (?, all good)

Easy Star All-Stars - Radiodread... meh!

The Sadies - Live in Concert (like scottie said..)

Garnet Silk - It's Growing (irie)

these are the last few albums i've listened to at work... a couple the same as mr. king but, this many people can't be wrong!

honourable mentions receiving lots of play-time lately: Al Green, America, Neil Young

Jennifer Warnes - Famous Blue Raincoat: The Songs of Leonard Cohen

The Police - Ghost In The Machine

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon

David Bowie - The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars

Neil Young - Living With War

Charlie Haden/Pat Metheny - Beyond The Missouri Sky (Short Stories)

Gov't Mule - Mr. High and Mighty

I didn't even know this was out yet. How does it compare with the last one?

The album is freakin awsome...I am a little biased because I love the Mule but there are so many songs on this album that are destined to be classic Mule tracks. My favourite so far is Endless Parade. As far as comparing it to the previous album, I really like Deja Voodoo but I think a couple years from now I will be listening to Mr. High and Mighty more than Deja Voodoo...if that means anything.

Edited by Guest

I haven't rotated a disc in about 6 months but here are the last 5 albums I listened to in WinAmp:

1. Art Brut - Bang Bang Rock And Roll

2. The Black Crowes - 5/15/2006 (thanks BradM!)

3. The Fiery Furnaces - Bitter Tea

4. Fiona Apple - Extraordinary Machine

5. David Bowie - Young Americans

edited to add my + 1: David Bowie - Station To Station

Oops, I actually meant to post Last Exit (the first album) on my list. I've heard the new one though and it sounded ok, but I need some more listening time. I just recently checked The Junior Boys out, after a friend of mine here in Korea lambasted me for not knowing anything about this awesome band who are from my hometown. I like Last Exit a lot though.. Kind of like electronic easy listening music.

edit to add: Just listening now, and I could see the live show being a bit boring.

Edited by Guest

ah... i was just wondering, cause i recently read a good review of the most recent album.

i can't say i found the live show boring, but it honestly seemed like a joke! it was so cheesey, like SO CHEESEY, i kept waiting for them to crack a smile but they kept on with their serious guise and the crowd kept on with their knowing all the words.. we just kept laughing and wondering what the joke was that we didn't get!

Tom Petty - Highway Companion

Sadies - Live*

John Prine - Fair and Square

T-Bone Burnett - Proof Through the Night

WTTS - Turn

* next Wednesday (Aug. 30) the Sadies will appear on Conan O'Brien. yeah go get 'em boys!

timouse, good call on the Corb Lund album. Been enyoing that alot these days as well. Corb will be touring Ontario in September (Ottawa/Kingston/Toronto/Guelph etc). Most shows are with Elliott Brood. Dates

Gram Parsons - GP/Grievous Angel (I cant stop my addiction)

Phish - Live In Brooklyn (review for this board forthcoming)

John Coltrane - The John Coltrane Quartet Plays (JesusfuckingHchristers, can the man stop bringing it?)

Wilco - (You name it, Douglas must hear them at least once a day right now)

Paul Simon - Graceland (its recent revival on our stereos has produced many smiles)

A guitar??????

Pfffffffffffffft.................

(Seriously, I dont have that but it is now very much on my radar. Thanks. Dont know if you have the Village Vanguard 4 cd set, but get on it. There are mulitple versions of India that need your special attention)

I love these threads and the movie ones. The Squid and the Whale is in the batters box.