Jambands.ca

The Great Soda Thread

bouche

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

new logo, same 42g of sugar and corrosive action!

fwiw i like it too, but owing to it's many grams of sugar and generally incomprehensible ingredient list, i try to limit my intake.

if i'm really dying for a sugar $ fizzy fix, jones soda makes an awesome root beer with only half as many incomprehensible chemicals in it.

thank god you said soda. i take a lot of flack for saying soda....whenever someone says i'm gettin a pop it makes me think they're gettin a punch in the face.

I think this "soda" is more an American term, while "pop" is Canadian. I remember being at a lodge near Orillia that my family used to go to for summer vacation, a lodge which also drew a lot of Americans (it was named "Torpitt Lodge", because in the early days of it, most of the guests came from Toronto or Pittsburgh). I was in the snack bar one day, and an American asked for a soda. The person behind the counter got confused, thinking the guest meant an ice cream soda; I helped out by saying the guest wanted what we Canadians call "pop". (And remember, it's "The Pop Shoppe", not "The Soda Shoppe". :))

Aloha,

Brad

I don't drink much pop/soda, but some days, I just crave some effervescence. I do love the natural root beers you can get in the organic sections of the grocery store quite a bit.

I saw the can for DR.PEPPER and had this urge to see how it stood the test of time. It's only got 38 grams of sugar btw ;)

I have found all this in one can:

Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper

FUCK YEAH!!!!

It's the drink for the indecisive.

I'd buy it, but I don't know if I should get the caffeinated or caffeine-free variety...

(I'm now imagining a machine at, say, a 7-11 that lets you specify the flavouring elements of the soda you want, with buttons for cola, vanilla, cherry, sugar vs. aspartame, ginger, caffeine, etc. Select the ingredients you want, select the size you want, and it mixes up the exact concoction, no matter how weird.)

Aloha,

Brad