Jambands.ca

The Great Soda Thread

bouche

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely fountain soda. I'm not much of a carbonated drinker, but when I go to a spot that has a self-serve drink fountain, I'll rock 3/4 Diet Coke and the remainder either Root Beer or Cherry Coke. I'm not trying to pretend it's healthy, but it tastes just as good as the "regular" drink, but doesn't give you that nasty, sugary feeling.

I like lots of differnt pops. There are all kinds of diferent pops that come from different contries

like has anyone ever tried Brio..That kinda tasts like chrismas cake er somthing. The there is ginger beer that is kinda like giger ale but is really gingery hot..makes me sneeze, I love it. Or there is also birch beer that is really good it has a kinda spiramint it is really good stuff. Kola champaigne that is simular to cream soda..but is light brown.. than theres samol i think its called that is like grapefuit soda, but not like Wink.. thats good stuff too... Remember that stuff Jolt, man that was gut rot. most of the time now a days I drink Dr. Pepper cuz its got a good kick to it. I haven't seen lime crush around for awile that stuff is goood too..

Ting is awesome! We get a lot of migrant farmers from Jamaica and Trinidad here in Brantford so the grocery store near where I work has a whole aisle of Jamaican food, it's awesome. And we also get lots of fun Jamaicans to talk to on Thursday and Friday nights when they come in to town to do their shopping.

i third the TING! i still remember exiting the airport in Jamiaca (just after arriving), and there were all kinds of people selling drinks in the parking lot. the choices were ting and red stripe. mmm..... irie. i was hooked from the first sip. now i get them occasionally at the grocery store, or whenever i have dinner at Rainbow in Kitchener. mmm.... Rainbow (king st, downtown).

I am such a pop addict. I grew up drinking so much caffeine free diet cola. I don't think I could pick a favourite, I like all the ones that have been mentioned so far, though I do prefer diet (so I can pretend it's not so bad).

The only ones I can think of that you guys haven't already said are ones I drank in other countries. Lemon Fanta - it tastes like really yummy homemade lemonde but fizzy. And in Brazil I had a pop that was just called Guarana I think, made from probably the same stuff they put in energy drinks. It was kind of like mountain dew, but not so syrupy. When my relatives from Braizil came here, they loved how the plastic bottles here are curvy like the old glass botlles.

I have found all this in one can:

Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper

wow that's a bunch of flavour - not a really a pop person although I've been dabbling with Sprite at work if I crave chips lately

anyway I'm intrigued by this Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr.Pepper because there seems to be an increase of rum drinkers in my life as of late and I can't do coke or any dark pop and I've always disliked rum BUT a friend mixed me a drink one night when my beer wasn't going down too great - while it was a hazy night I'm sure the cocktail was rum, vanilla coke and dr. pepper - to my surprise it was delicious - must try this new cherry/vanilla dr pepper you speak of next time I'm surrounded by those rum drinking friends.

Some good calls there!

I love ting, but actually I prefer the Grace version of it. "Grapefruit - sunshine soda".

I also really like San Pellegrino or Orangina as well.

I got so caught up on the coke empire I forgot about the real soda's.

C-Plus, another classic. How about Fanta!

And lets not all forget the mighty Pop Shoppe which is back in town!

Mmm I'm still hankering for a strawberry soda.... On our way to Bonnaroo we stopped at the might Wallmart and I picked up a six pack of strawberry crush in the old style bottles, complete with bottle cap. That was pop magic!