Jambands.ca

Eric Clapton last night!!!

Sunshine

So I get a call from Voodoolady at around 4:45 yesterday asking me if I want to go see CLAPTON!!!

HOLY CRAP..... FREE TICKETS TO CLAPTON.....YES PLEASE!!!

I saw Clapton over 10 years ago when he was on his Blues Tour (at Maple Leaf Gardens).....and I was so sad when I wasn't able to buy tickets this time around. ANYHOOOOOOOOOO......

We get to ScotiaBankPlace, and the lady says "just take the stairs up to the second level and you'll find the Elevator to the SUITES"

SUITES!!!!! SWEET JESUS!!!!!! We had no idea!

Robert Cray Band opened for Clapton and they lit up the stage with their blues. Definately going to check out more of their music.

Then Clapton came out.....definately aged, but as smooth as ever. Everything about that man is SMOOTH. The night was full of great blues, dualing guitars and Keyboards. The sound was bright, brilliant and bold. Cray joined Eric on stage a couple of times ...and that was a definate highlight.

Voodoolady...thank you for sharing your gift with me!!! It was awesome

I scored free tix and backstage passes at the last minute. Seats were awesome. Backstage was a letdown - no orgy of booze and groupies. As a matter of fact there was no nothing. No band members, no hangers-on, heck not even any surly security guards. My friend and I had a couple of complimentary pints, then they kicked us out after 10 minutes.

The show was great though!