Jambands.ca

Grateful Dead board game

Esau.

Grateful Dead Board Game

$29.95

Available 10/15/06

Play this board game and take a multi-sensory trip with the Grateful Dead!

Travel through time with the Dead, answering interactive and trivia-oriented questions to collect concert tickets along the way. Name the next line of a song lyric, or where the band played their only New Year's Eve show outside the San Francisco Bay area. Player/team with the most tickets wins! Includes dancing skeleton game pieces, 300 questions.

· 2 or more players.

· Age adult.

21892.jpg

http://www.spilsbury.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?

028.gif

I always thought that the Dead needed a board game, but it would need a CD with snippets from tunes with guestions like...what song is this jam going to?

Also with Name that Tune style questions where people bid on how many seconds they can well....name that dead tune.

Still, this game posted looks like it would be fun to watch certain Dead know-it-alls play for big bucks!

They've probably made the game so easy that even you could correctly answer some of the questions.

Stuff like:

"What was the date of your first show?"

Hmm, maybe you should consider the team format instead.

how would they know the answer to that? That's stupid.

They've probably made the game so easy that even you could correctly answer some of the questions.

Stuff like:

"What was the date of your first show?"

Actually, I couldn't answer that one, beyond giving the season and the year, without looking it up. (Any "true" deadhead wouldn't be able to remember, as I'm sure you'll agree.)

Tried to order it..but the game is $30 and the shipping to Canada was $20 more, So it would be $50USD. Still worth it I just had to rethink whether I wanted to spend that much on a board game, maybe Ill try to find a better shipping option somewhere else. A great idea though, I hope there is one under the tree!

1st ended up being Kingswwod 6/30/87 :)

Me too - though istr much of it being wasted on me - BTs on the bus along the back roads from Kitchener to the point of being ridiculous, and all those back roads made us miss half of first set, and then I remember passing out partway through second set until the Other One came in out of space (actually, I do remember lots of weird animal noises in that one), which roused me as it was a tune I knew at the time.

Buffalo '89 was the first memorable show I finally got to. And then there were a bunch after that.

I like Bouche's idea, though - a cd of teasers that you have to properly identify. I think I could call just about anything with the right two or three notes and timbre.

I think I could call just about anything with the right two or three notes and timbre.

I'ld like to see that. I recall being on a drive one time and you were proclaiming how smoking Brents/Phils playing were, although we were obviously listening to the Jerry Garcia Band on your car stereo. The best part is that it was your cd.

I've been giggling ever since.

It's possible I was waylaying you - we don't actually have any JGB on cd, unless it's what you've given us, which I'd hope you'd recognise yourself :P.

Or my synapses are fucked up. Who knows. I wouldn't discount that, either.

But I daresay this sounds like a challenge! I'm not saying there's a Drums/Space you haven't heard (over your many, many long years ;) ), which would hopelessly prejudice things, but I'd bet if there were a series we could sit down to together, I'd be pegging the next tune from each case from the first discernible note.

Gauntlet thrown :) .