Jambands.ca

Tenacious D. - Nov. 27 - Toronto

Basher

I saw the Warehouse show a couple years ago as well. I enjoyed it for a while and then the gags got so old I just left. I think I remember it being a sausage factory too. I thought they were funny and they're a lot facking better then Jared Leto's band.

I've never been to Ricoh, hope the sound is good.

imho this guys is just not funny or talented as a musician

I have to agree. I've tried to enjoy Jack Black but he just doesn't do it for me. Plus I have heard some rather unfavourable reviews of the new album from some fairly hardcore Tenacious D fans.

me three.

i kinda like him when he's a sidekick, but when the whole enchilada is jack black, i can't bring myself to do it.

Does anyone know if there's an opening act for this show? Alternatively, does anyone know if this show will really start at 7:30 (as I doubt it will). Lassie has to work until 7:00 that night, and before I convince her to duck out of work early, I want to see if she really has to.

As well, for all of you who might misunderstand the above question (as I noticed happened when I asked if anyone else was going to the show) my question is about the start-time of the show, or an opening act. I am not asking for people's opinions on the musical talent of the band or their ability to be funny. I thought I should be clearer this time, as it seems I confused a couple of people last time, who thought I was soliciting opinions on the band. I am not.

So, anyone know the actual start-time or if there's an opener?

hey StnMtn, I doubt it'll start on-time (I mean, how often do shows start on time)...and I also doubt there is an opener...

man I am jealous. I just found out that I am gonna be in Toronto after all for a friends birthday, but my pleadings with them to change the party to the Kool Haus were futile...

bah

I wanted to hear FHG...

Actually, I've learned a little bit since posting.

There is an opener, called "Neil Hamburger". I don't know if that is one guy or a band, and I don't plan to find out, because I don't want to end up enjoying the music by whoever that is, and stress about most-certainly missing their set.

The doors are supposed to open at 6:30, with Neil Hamburger going on at 7:30, which is good news to me. I figure there's no way the "D" can hit the stage before 8:30, and more likely 9:00 to 9:30.

If anyone knows when they are really scheduled to hit the stage, though, I'd still love to hear from you.

[color:purple]It's good news that afro poppa won't be there, too. I live in fear of sitting behind a giant afro at some gig, jumping up-and down; left-and-right desperately trying to see over him... ;)

[color:purple]It's good news that afro poppa won't be there, too. I live in fear of sitting behind a giant afro at some gig, jumping up-and down; left-and-right desperately trying to see over him... ;)

you know there are pills and therapy for that right?

I think there is a support group as well, they meet every sunday ;)

That was fun as hell!

Funny, multi-media performance, great tunes, most of the songs I wanted to hear, The Anti-Christ on guitar, Col. Sanders on drums, Charlie Chaplin on bass, I hung-out with Carstairs ... What more can you ask for?

I'd see The "D" (The "Fellowship of the D"?) again in a heart-beat.

Well worth the price; ever penny..