Jambands.ca

Tenacious D. - Nov. 27 - Toronto

Basher

Not at all.

Jack Black commands a huge fee for anything he does. This is not some unknown name coming out to play a gig. This is a person who could otherwise appear on Late Night or act in a movie, rather than play this gig. He is a full-fledged movie star / celebrity; like it or not.

I'm willing to bet he'd make more money somewhere else that night, if he didn't want to play this gig just for the love of it.

Not at all.

Jack Black commands a huge fee for anything he does. This is not some unknown name coming out to play a gig. This is a person who could otherwise appear on Late Night or act in a movie, rather than play this gig. He is a full-fledged movie star / celebrity; like it or not.

I'm willing to bet he'd make more money somewhere else that night, if he didn't want to play this gig just for the love of it.

Damn right he's a movie star. He's frikkin' HILARIOUS!!! He definately does not NEED to tour with the D.

Correct me if I am wrong but I am assuming Shainhouse is saying he would never pay 50$ to see that gig.

Maybe so. That said, it would take me too long to list the voluminous number of bands that I also would not pay 50 bucks to see. That does not, however, mean that it is "insane" for those bands to charge that amount. (Brittany Spears comes to mind, as do a couple of "musicians" with names ending in Simpson...)

• 1 month later...
imho this guys is just not funny or talented as a musician

I have to agree. I've tried to enjoy Jack Black but he just doesn't do it for me. Plus I have heard some rather unfavourable reviews of the new album from some fairly hardcore Tenacious D fans.