Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum

badams

Guest Low Roller

Hmmm... Eklund has ranked Mark Streit as the top UFA D-man of the summer. Second year in a row that Gainey has to deal with situation, with Souray last year. In retrospect Gainey was a claivoyant genius regarding Souray... Let's see what his crystal ball and tea leaves tell him about Streit... Flash in the pan? Top offensive D-Man for years to come?

Here's a good article regarding next year's salary breakdown to see how much Gainey can afford to spend on Streit, and a preview of Gainey's summer...

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm... Eklund has ranked Mark Streit as the top UFA D-man of the summer. Second year in a row that Gainey has to deal with situation, with Souray last year. In retrospect Gainey was a claivoyant genius regarding Souray... Let's see what his crystal ball and tea leaves tell him about Streit... Flash in the pan? Top offensive D-Man for years to come?

Here's a good article regarding next year's salary breakdown to see how much Gainey can afford to spend on Streit, and a preview of Gainey's summer...

Eklund is an idiot.

GO HABS GO!

Price is only gonna get better' date='[/quote']

you all hope.... there's no guarantee at all. emery was supposed to get better too...

maybe if he didnt shove a mountain of snow up his nose and sulk all year after his injury he may have gotten better.

comparing price to emery is shite.

all you've heard about price from coaches is that hes an extremely hard worker and wants to improve and work to improve..

You’re blindly genuflecting at the feet of an untested rookie who is playing shit hockey right now. You hope he can only get better. There's no guarantee AT ALL.

There is no guarantee but at least he works at it and has improved and won championships and MVP awards while doing it the last two years in a row.

kinda makes you think he will keep getting better.

but hey keep talking shit all you like. you seem to be full of it and have to get rid of it somehow. ;)

how is that 'talking shit?' it's fact. forget the emery sentence (which wasn't a comparison of the players, but a comparison of their hype) - what's wrong about what I posted?

every player is supposed to get better - some do, some don't.

how is that 'talking shit?' it's fact. forget the emery sentence (which wasn't a comparison of the players, but a comparison of their hype) - what's wrong about what I posted?

no one outside ottawa had hype for emery..

no one guaranteed he is a gonna get better.. your words.

The only fact is he has been steadily improving over the last two years and winning championships doing it.

of course there is gonna be some hiccups along the way.. and no one is genuflecting, yeah i had to look it up.

Edited by Guest

every player is supposed to get better - some do, some don't.

I agree with you 100%. As a habs fan I am going to have faith that Price does get better and live up to his hype.

Just as a Sens fan would have faith in Spezza or a Leafs fan in .... Oh wait. lol

Anyway, every great player starts somewhere. I am hoping Price is one of those guys.

Guest Low Roller

For tonight:

- Little Tits is a gametime decision. Ryder in if Sergei can't play.

- Breezer in, O'Byrne out.

- Carbonneau won't say who is starting until gametime.

Sure' date=' because the Hockey News, Hockey's Future and the ISS are all Ottawa-based and know little about rating prospects, right? ;)[/quote']

Let's see if he skirts this one as deftly as the Kypreos comment.

Sure' date=' because the Hockey News, Hockey's Future and the ISS are all Ottawa-based and know little about rating prospects, right? ;)[/quote']

Let's see if he skirts this one as deftly as the Kypreos comment.

hehe.. emery was rated as a future #1... not exactly the hype pricer gets lumped on his shoulders.

agreed smoothshredder.. i want to see ryder out there.