Jambands.ca

NOV. 25th NUFUNK 1 YEAR w/ Moses Mayes, Koybayashi & Krafty Kuts

Jay Funk Dawg

KraftyFRONTwebversion.jpg

Box Fresh & Make it Funky Present..

NUFUNK.ca 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY PARTY

Moses Mayes w/ Nick "The Brownman" Ali (Winnepeg, MB)

CD Release for "The Second Ring", Fusion 3 Records)

www.mosesmayes.com

plus: Kobayashi (Montreal, PQ) and Make it Funky DJs: Big League Chu, Robb G, Zirca, Doublecross, Lady Linsee, Michie, Mickey D, DJ ?uesquecest, Farbsie vs. Sunpredictable

Saturday, November 25th THE REVERB - 651 Queen Street West, Toronto, Ontario (Queen St. @ Bathurst) www.thebigbop.com

NUFUNK.ca is Toronto's new home for Live funk, acid jazz, breakbeats and all that is funky in Toronto! NUFUNK is a product of a collective of artists, graphic designers, clubs and promoters to provide a new home for funky live Canadian music!

Moses Mayes is a seven-piece ensemble that has a well-earned reputation for their live shows, which combine classic jazz-funk fusion with the irresistibly modern edge of house music. Moses Mayes's new record was produced by Jamie Shields of the New Deal.

www.mosesmayes.com

www.myspace.com/mosesmayes

Kobayashi: Originally conceived as the jazzmans surrender to the hip-hop beat, Kobayashis sounds have developed into an amalgamation of electronica, jazz, hip-hop and orchestral undertones.

www.kobayashimusic.com

www.myspace.com/kobayashijazz

Krafty Kuts (Finger Lickin', Against The Grain, UK)

Krafty Kuts is one of the worlds most sort after and respected dj / producers in dance music, he recently picked up the trophy for Best DJ at the Breakspoll 2005 awards for the second year running and will be releasing his debut solo artist album Freakshow on our Against The Grain label.

www.superchargedmusic.com

Make it Funky is a Canadian Nu Funk; Mid tempo Breaks, Rare Retro Grooves DJ/Turntablism, concert experience. A exceptional night music, dancing and good fun. Focusing on introducing new talent to the Toronto area, Make It Funky has quicky become the promo team to watch for. The combination of live acts with international djs has helped to create a fresh new scene with a open-minded vibe.

www.myspace.com/makeitfunky

Timeslots:

Reverb

DJ ?uesquecest

Robb G 10-1130

Moses Mayes 1130-1245

Krafty Kuts 1245-245

Big League Chu 245-4

Holy Joes

Farbsie VS Sunpredictable 10-1130

Mickey D VS Michie 1130-1230

Kobyashi 1230-130

Lady Linzee 130-230

Zirca VS Doublecross 230-4

$16 Advance more at the door

Advance tickets available at:

2 The Beat - 161 Spadina Ave – (416) 598-8120

PlayDeRecord - 357A Yonge Street - (416) 586-0380

Rotate This - 620 Queen St. W – (416) 504-8447

Shanti Baba - 546 Queen St. W - (416) 504-5034

Sonic Temple - 5165 Yonge St - (416) 835-0035

or online at www.ticketweb.ca

tickets on sale Nov.1

Edited by Guest
fixed links.. thanks Bradm!

Moses Mayes is a seven-piece ensemble that has a well-earned reputation for their live shows, which combine classic jazz-funk fusion with the irresistibly modern edge of house music. Moses Mayes's new record was produced by Jamie Shields of the New Deal.

www.mosesmayes.com

www.myspace.com/mosesmays

Typo alert! Their MySpace page is actually

http://www.myspace.com/mosesmayes

You can also get live MM recordings at

http://www.archive.org/details/MosesMayes

Aloha,

Brad

i hope that if they play a herbie hancock cover it'll be something other than chameleon.

a call that i made before that turned out and out and out and out. a super gnarly hang ups.

My message to NuFunk - ram that request down their throats and you're gonna turn the heat up full blast in the reverb.

down with overdone funk covers. just say no to chameleon.

i hope that if they play a herbie hancock cover it'll be something other than chameleon.

a call that i made before that turned out and out and out and out. a super gnarly hang ups.

My message to NuFunk - ram that request down their throats and you're gonna turn the heat up full blast in the reverb.

down with overdone funk covers. just say no to chameleon.

http://ia300808.eu.archive.org/3/items/mmayes2005-06-22.oktava.shnf/mmayes2005-06-22d1t02_vbr.mp3

Aloha,

Brad

I'd say it's Funktacular Robin... and the Reverb is such a good venue for this. Nice big room with tonnes of stage frontage on a well raised well lit stage... lots of bar space. And a great vibe which I experienced during that kick ass King Sunshine show.

Funk and horns, and a good DJ 'inbetween'... okay I know he's headliner material... but Bands come first for me!

Loooks like a funked up night of music. I'm going to try and make it out to the Moses Mayes show here in Ottawa. Kinda blows Krafty Kuts isn't comming, he's sure knows how to lay down the breaks.

Bassnectar is spinning there soon too.

I gotta move to Toronto.

Steph.

Hehe, wish you would! This is going to be a super fun show! Everyone please come help celebrate with us!

This show is buildig up to be a really great event, I hope some of you can come down and experience this... This type of event happens often in the DJ community, with loads of artists, two rooms, places to wander, however with bands this happens very infrequently, and this show is a test to see if a multi-media/multi-room event will work for the band audience... <>

Also watch out for some press on this one; I think we're listed as the number 1 event of the weekend in EYE Magazine's Best Bets, maybe also a hot ticket in NOW & 24hrs.

ok stay cool y'all!

Jay, are you involved with the Ottawa MM show? I'm asking because Mavericks lists it as Moses Mayes and Kobayashi, but the Ottawa XPress show listing has Moses Mayes and Chris Koster (without listing Kobayashi), and Chris' show dates include Nov. 24 at Mavericks.

I listened to a bit of the music on his MySpace page, and it's (I think) more pop/songwriter stuff, which doesn't seem to fit well with Moses Mayes, so I'm guessing the listings got messed up somewhere (probably during the shift from Nov. 25 to Nov. 24).

Aloha,

Brad

BradM, I don't have anything to do with the Ottawa show, that sounds like a mistake, because Kobayashi is supposed to be playing on that date in Ottawa.

***breaking news*****

FROM EYE MAGAZINE:

DENISE BENSON's BEST BETS

www.eyeweekly.com

KRAFTY KUTS @ NUFUNK.CA ONE-YEAR

With Moses Mayes, Kobayashi, DJs Big League Chu, Robb G, Lady Linzee, Zirca vs. Doublecross, Farbsie vs. Sunpredictable, Mickey D vs. Michie,

estquecest. Sat, Nov 25 at Reverb and Holy Joe's, 651 Queen W. $16 from 2theBeat, Play de Record, Rotate This, Shanti Baba, Sonic Temple.

The Make It Funky folks throw a hype b-day bash for Nufunk.ca. Headlining is popular UK breaks and hip-hop DJ/producer Krafty Kuts, alongside slick Winnipeg seven-piece Moses Mayes, joined here by Toronto trumpeter Nick "The Brownman" Ali, and eight-piece Montreal jazz-hop band Kobayashi.

BradM, I don't have anything to do with the Ottawa show, that sounds like a mistake, because Kobayashi is supposed to be playing on that date in Ottawa.

No sweat, Mavericks posted about the MM/K show, and I asked the same question. It turns out the Chris Koster show is upstairs at Cafe Dekcuf.

Aloha,

Brad